Total Members
    Most Online
    norakhann33
    Newest Member
    norakhann33
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

22 hours ago, fujiwara79 said:

Winter of 2015-16 was an awful winter but since we had one HECS we seem to remember that whole winter fondly for some reason.  I remember seeing mosquitoes in December 2015 because it was downright muggy and tropical for the entire month.  Our last decent winter was 2014-15.  8 years ago.

If we're headed towards a Super-Nino then next winter will be terrible.  A slightly increased chance of a HECS doesn't make up for the awfulness of Super-Ninos.

This is all true, but I would not kick the 2015-2016 winter out of bed at this point. Given what has been happening, I'd sign up for that winter in a heartbeat next year.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:44 AM, psuhoffman said:

We used to be able to do ok in a -PDO.  We've had some blockbuster -PDO seasons.  1962, 1966 and 1979 were all -PDO seasons with huge snowfall totals in our area.  But notice...none of them are recently.  The problem is that over the last 30 years or so a -PDO almost always leads to a horrible snow season.  

Speaking of 1979. You are spot on and it was strong upstream blocking that produced for us