Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it’s real to an extent, but often overblown. Strong deep layer NNE flow will do it though. Could be a quick thump followed by weak snow deal…especially if/when we start slotting.

I’m thinking of this as a 6-12 inch or for us. That qpf signal has been on most runs for 4 days.  A good storm but nowhere near JPot.  Unless this thing kind of reorients itself in some way.  Others need the JP more than us.

37 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Of All the Model Runs I’ve seen in this storm, AND storms across 2 decades of chasing them, THIS is the #1 Most Devastating.  And Why I can’t fly back tomorrow night.  

There are still WAY too many runs by different models giving me 1-3, where even NW RI gets 12-15, and just outside 15-25.  

I’ll Burn Accordions if anything Remotely like that (Worse than 12/25/02) verifies.  

BE1225FD-AFA8-46FC-B4B7-5A2EE329E795.jpeg

Just rent an Airbnb near wuhstuh for gods sake.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’m thinking of this as a 6-12 inch or for us. That qpf signal has been on most runs for 4 days.  A good storm but nowhere near JPot.  Unless this thing kind of reorients itself in some way.  Others need the JP more than us.

There’s still some time for some trends, but yeah, odds are against a biggie right now.

You can see models struggling to get the real good PVA and less baroclinic zone from nrn stream influence (see lows trying to suck into LI) vs a juicy baroclinic zone with convection, but weaker PVA from southern stream. It’s a marvel that models can figure this out and do it fairly accurately too.

But it’s also a reason for some crazy solutions too. 

• Like 6

TWC seems to be ignoring the GFS and Euro, calling for widespread 3-5" east of 495 and 1-3" SE MA, and they are using a benchmark track.  They claim surface temps will be too warm for coastal areas.  But they leave open the track could change.  They say we could get more if the track is further out.  Just saying.  I'm not buying it.  The GFS and Euro have been trending colder.