Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Concerns I have… dry slot.    Ratios.  This won’t be 10:1 for a lot of it

Mid level goodies are around ALB this run with an arm off of that advecting northward through the region and into NNE. We eventually get slotted, but 800 and below keeps going to town. We just wouldn’t be working with lift in the DGZ. But it’s the extended NAM so we view and move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It may be okay ...

...I was mentioning to Ray a bit ago that all the majors ( save the UKMET) seemed a little light on QPF, relative to everything about the way this looks... 

Part of the warm hesitation inland - I suspect - is related to missing some fall rates in particular, the GGEM/Euro 00zs (I'm tossing the 06 Euro don't see any compelling reason that needs to be included) .  But even just 15 or 20% failure to penetrate precipitation mechanics around the NW arc could certainly hesitate that BED-Willamantic zone.  

Perhaps being closer to core, gets us there without going too far -

I have no idea what you just said.....but I  think it was optimism about a snowier solution for some.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sucks we waste the first half of the system on rain. It could have been an all timer with a better cold source above.

If we get 6”+ of absolute paste the rates will be epic .. some guidance is Nemo like .. obviously accumulations won’t be insane like that but for me a day time extremely heavy snow that sticks to everything would be a truly awesome experience. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

If we get 6”+ of absolute paste the rates will be epic .. some guidance is Nemo like .. obviously accumulations won’t be insane like that but for me a day time extremely heavy snow that sticks to everything would be a truly awesome experience. 

No doubt if we can paste bomb this during the day, it’s an awesome look. Should be fun if it pans out. Make no mistake about it, I will enjoy it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My point though is these tracks are rare, the ones where they hook and tuck into sema, so when they do happen…I’d like to capitalize on it. We’ll see if we can trend it a tick cooler. 

Either we are completely ruined from this winter or we do actually know how this works in our area. But, almost every piece of guidance has 12-18 inches for us. The old me would be dancing in the streets. Yet here we are less than 90 hrs out, I don't believe a single one of them. I get it, clown maps are just those clowns, but I am realistically expecting some slush, maybe lucky with a couple inches. Even the new RGEM has 16 inches around here....

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Either we are completely ruined from this winter or we do actually know how this works in our area. But, almost every piece of guidance has 12-18 inches for us. The old me would be dancing in the streets. Yet here we are less than 90 hrs out, I don't believe a single one of them. I get it, clown maps are just those clowns, but I am realistically expecting some slush, maybe lucky with a couple inches. Even the new RGEM has 16 inches around here....

Selling 12-18”. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Every model has shown that potential from the Berks to ORH even to interior RI. There are going to be some mammoth totals wherever those bands set up 

There is no way interior RI is involved. Mid levels far too far north for that. I'd be relatively concerned about a dry slot anywhere river east. I think you get crushed here. Nw CT up to berks and interior CT west of river looks sick. Anthony (? I believe the mets name) is in Burlington CT and I like that location a lot. Mitch where the bodies are buried too. 

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

There is no way interior RI is involved. Mid levels far too far north for that. I'd be relatively concerned about a dry slot anywhere river east. I think you get crushed here. Nw CT up to berks and interior CT west of river looks sick. Anthony (? I believe the mets name) is in Burlington CT and I like that location a lot. Mitch where the bodies are buried too. 

I would monitor the Messenger tics these last 48 hours 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

I would not rule out Foster/Glocester/Burriville area in NW RI, those areas usually do well

• Like 1