• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

All in all I think the ensembles are going a great job. They're doing what they're supposed to do, help to eliminate or reduce spread and that's what we're seeing. Obviously, given the time of year, there are alot more challenges to contend with, especially outside of the interior and elevation. The details which will matter with that, however, likely aren't going to be resolved with the ensembles. This is where consistency of OP runs (mode-to-model and run-to-run) will become extremely important as we get to the 72-84 hour mark. 

Going back many cycles in mind's eye... I don't recall if there was ever one where no model offered d-drip doses.

There's always one that's not allowing us to drift away from this ..  pure evil man.  lol

The UKMET has 30" then fades, but look out!  Here comes the ICON ...or the Euro ...

There really is just about zippo operational version consensus.   Only that there's a system passing through

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

Peak winds will be around 18z Tuesday , at least according to the Euro op, with either moderate to heavy wet snow or sleet over many E areas.  There is going to be a lot of tree damage based on that scenario.  Not to mention power failures.

Verbatim, that would be bad news inside 495 and probably to I-95 where winds might be stronger. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Going back many cycles in mind's eye... I don't recall if there was ever one where no model offered d-drip doses.

There's always one that's not allowing us to drift away from this ..  pure evil man.  lol

The UKMET has 30" then fades, but look out!  Here comes the ICON ...or the Euro ...

There really is just about zippo operational version consensus.   Only that there's a system passing through

Maybe they will all be wrong.   :lmao:

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I saw the news about the fire in Torrington today, damn you still have a lot of snow otg

Yes... This area, high terrain areas of western HFD county, west and north into Litchfield cty do very well with snow accumulation and retention... I'm less than 1/4 mile from Litchfield City line... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree. All I know is some areas are gonna get pounded. I doubt this craps out for no one. *ducks*

There’s a big storm coming, I’m not sure if it tugs over the Cape or actually fringes SNE.

Fun to have something interesting to track regardless of outcome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

ICON looks like euro op. Right on the line at BOS. Pummeling just inland.

Yeah was just gonna post that it's very similar to the Euro OP. You have that leading vort focusing the low pressure there and then it gets yanked back....might not take quite as wide a turn as Euro, but the result was similar enough

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's my April 82 analog number 1. There are some monsters in there and happy to say I have seen them all.

There was a lot of cold air pounding up the backside of 82.  I remember dismissing my staff at lunch time due to the blizzard warning.  All morning it had snowed in fits and starts...maybe a slushy inch with temps just above freezing.  As we were leaving the office, the sun broke through the clouds.  An old coot who worked for me started yapping about the snow they had as kids, uphill to school both ways, etc.  She demanded to know why we would leave work when the sun was coming out.  No sooner did the words leave her mouth....a loud crash of thunder...she started screeching about how there cannot possibly be a blizzard if we are going to have a thunderstorm!

I had a one mile drive home...and I was lucky to make it.... as visibility immediately fell to about 50 feet.  The temp hovered around 23f at the storm's height.

Now, I'm the old coot.  I swear I walked to school uphill both ways.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

snowman has semi joked about this all winter but reality is this rule can sometimes still work...we've yet to see a case yet where the GFS was trying to go to the fish and the other guidance was all a decent hit overall at Day 4-5...this really is the first case where as a whole the GFS is where you want it at this range or at least most runs has been