Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

GEFS looks warmer than the GFS at the surface, with much less QPF.  2m temps around 39-40F won't cut it near the coast.

True but I didn't say it was perfect (that's the gfs). Temps will be an issue here so a cross between the two would probably work out reasonably well.

32 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

GEFS looks warmer than the GFS at the surface, with much less QPF.  2m temps around 39-40F won't cut it near the coast.

No way the GEFS are going to produce the QPF of the OP run.  If you find an ensemble mean of widespread 2"+ of QPF then you've really hit the jackpot on historical event.  There'd be some like 5" QPF members mixed in to get a mean over 2".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Stay cognizant of the fact that totals like those snow maps are almost always not likely, don't let your expectations get out of control. We need to hone in on a track. Still a lot to be figured out. 

It's hard to believe we still need to say that.  I figured we all understand exactly what the snow maps are, essentially frozen QPF maps with the decimal point moved over.  You have to assume 1) the QPF is correct 2) the p-type is correct and 3) the temps/ratios are correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Biggest take away is how much more intense the EPS has grown with this signal....more agreement on the capture and tug, but the spread is how quickly....some members over e MA, some over cape and some east. There are more of e MA now bc we have greater agreement on the capture. I think the ACK group is right.

17 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Coming to a consensus on a stall capture near cape IMO....increasing consensus on this capture scenario is going to cause more members to turn into e MA, at least initially. It could ultimately be a trend towards rain....sure, but I don't think it is.

JMO.

16 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel very good about this for most areas just off of the coast.

I'm sure the usuals like scooter,  Ryan and pickles will wake up and have this place like a morgue, but I am very intrigued.

15 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I see what Scott is saying...its precarious and it's easy to favor rain right now. If it looks like this tomorrow, then I will back off for first call. But I don't think it will look this dire...I think the capture will tick later and perhaps a less proficient phase. I would rather deal with this, then have the rug swept out to the east.

14 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

LOL You know damn well if all models were locked on a HECS, you'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop because its day 4. No way guidance has a process as intricate as this capture nailed down at 84-120 hours out. Changes coming....

No changes to my thought process, but changes to the EURO, as expected.... Very busy day for me tmw unless this unexpectedly shits the bed tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1