Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just imagine if you will.. if this was December leading up to the holidays.. when you can sustain a pack .. and the sun doesn’t cause a hot steering wheel or red neck after a lunch outside .. how much more special this would feel 

That's what I liked about 2012, even though Feb was a dud it was cold and we kept the pack for weeks. In March it is what it is, enjoy it for a day and watch the melt begin.

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That's what I liked about 2012, even though Feb was a dud it was cold and we kept the pack for weeks. In March it is what it is, enjoy it for a day and watch the melt begin.

I think you mean 2011. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just imagine if you will.. if this was December leading up to the holidays.. when you can sustain a pack .. and the sun doesn’t cause a hot steering wheel or red neck after a lunch outside .. how much more special this would feel 

Nailed it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

March 2012 was amazing. It got up to the mid 80s where I live. These past few winters have been really warm, but March 2012 was another level. Legit sustained 70s and 80s, not just a couple of really warm days. I didn’t appreciate it back then, but i would love a repeat of that.

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup, it's great and we'll enjoy it, but it's like getting a touchdown in garbage time when you have no chance to win the game. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Yup, it's great and we'll enjoy it, but it's like getting a touchdown in garbage time when you have no chance to win the game. 

We should take what we get. Sure, it’s a touchdown in garbage time with little chance of winning the game. However, I’ll enjoy it just the same. You never know if this game is your last. Enjoy the moment. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

You're right, I don't have your memory, that was a great stretch. Nice hard crust on top and my pup running across the top, was great.

I think that may have been the best stretch for me Jan 2011, just the biggest pack I ever had, I think I topped at 38", and that was Waterbury! roof rakes flying off shelves

and we just missed the Feb 2nd deal...also, digging a path for the oil guy was like seeing fossil rock formations from different storms, with dog poop under like 3' towards the road it was like 6' from plows, crazy stretch

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I think that may have been the best stretch for me Jan 2011, just the biggest pack I ever had, I think I topped at 38", and that was Waterbury! roof rakes flying off shelves

and we just missed the Feb 2nd deal...also, digging a path for the oil guy was like seeing fossil rock formations from different storms, with dog poop under like 3' towards the road it was like 6' from plows, crazy stretch

I had ice dams that year for the first and only times, my wife scored a roof rake and I was able to clear things up. 2012 was the ratter year but I didn't hate March with the 70s and up. Ill take a good March snow any time though, remember quite a few when I was younger, we're due.

• Like 1