Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Half of the QPF is going to be rain in eastern areas, mostly in the beginning.

Not true, verbatim minor qpf at the beginning, minor qpf after it's occluded and drifting away...

Otherwise for the meat of the heaviest rates, 925 temps on up will dictate and that's heavy snow.

Tuesday mid-day might be close. I'd want a tick southeast for a bit more buffer in Boston metro.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Not true, verbatim minor qpf at the beginning, minor qpf after it's occluded and drifting away...

Otherwise for the meat of the heaviest rates, 925 temps on up will dictate and that's heavy snow.

Tuesday mid-day might be close. I'd want a tick southeast for a bit more buffer in Boston metro.

True. It does seem to rip overnight anyway.  Daytime this time of year is always a crap shoot but if it rips enough...?

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boston area would want a tick SE. 128 west ftw.

Yeah Boston area risks a flip mid-day Tuesday going by 925s

Looks like all snow and huge hit somewhere between 128-495 out to central MA, down to CT, up to southern NH

For eastern SNE, we want a few ticks further southeast for more buffer... 4/97 center never got north of islands

• Like 1

We also don’t want that northern stream dropping in any earlier. In fact, I already think it’s dropping in too early and the only reason the euro/Ukie runs were good is because the southern stream took a wide turn. 

If they didn’t, this would be up the Hudson valley or CT valley. 

Looks like eps is putting this on the Cape/Islands still. There’s still a number of inland members…though only 2 of them are west of ORH. Most run them over BOS area and the largest cluster remains on the cape. 

• Thanks 1

FWIW the JMA has a slower evolution to a deep low near Nantucket (972 mb by 00z Wed). It's a similar evolution to the most recent Euro but slower by at least 6h. Significance may be a tick slower for model consensus, would not buy into the timing but the track and intensity look great for 20-30" snowstorm.

Will see if the 06z GFS is moving any closer to the Euro again, the models have more or less flip-flopped in terms of which ones are inland and which ones are coastal. 

NYC potential at the moment is in a very wide range (3-20), further up the river, more like 6-24. Snow from earlier event will chill the boundary layer which is one reason why an inland runner seems unlikely, at least inland west of Fall River to Chatham MA. 

7 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

That 0z EURO run last night was a thing of beauty for CT. 

Yes it was.. but the GFS 6z is mighty nice as well for us. If we can keep an the models in this zone and split the difference between the 2 major models.. we are going to see quite there snow event here in CT. Very exciting .... 

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Yes it was.. but the GFS 6z is mighty nice as well for us. If we can keep an the models in this zone and split the difference between the 2 major models.. we are going to see quite there snow event here in CT. Very exciting .... 

the gfs would likely be less snow than shown. You don’t want this tucking into CT with a marginal airmass and the 10:1 maps aren’t going to help. I have this feeling the low is going into SNE. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My “gut” says NW CT on north and into nrn ORH and CNE is the place to be right now.  Obviously things can change, but that’s what these overnight runs tell me. 

Hopefully we can keep it over the cape but we'll  see still a long way to go 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My “gut” says NW CT on north and into nrn ORH and CNE is the place to be right now.  Obviously things can change, but that’s what these overnight runs tell me. 

All the clustering on all 3 ens is elbow of cape or just off. I think that’s where it’s going. I could see it hooking back NW after that 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was taking a look at mid levels, and seeing where we see some negative relative temperatures at 7h, wanted to see where banding might be.

0z EURO would have one band far W CT up to Berks and another right over Kev. Might be why we are seeing some models give a snowhole to my east in valley.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ray is strangely quiet.   I assume he is writing a 14 volume tome on this event 

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Anyone wondering where Ray is… our fantasy baseball draft begins today and he prepares for that more than he does for We at E Mass Weather .  Guaranteed he pulled an all nighter researching 

• Haha 1