• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

I'm not concerned with the EPS, at least at this stage. If anything, we now have pinned this down to a very narrow corridor of track/development. With that, it's all just going to come down to precise timing of when the phasing occurs. I suspect we are going to be walking a fine line until probably 24-hours out b/c a very slight difference (slightly earlier vs. slightly later) is going to mean the world (for many). 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I'm not concerned with the EPS, at least at this stage. If anything, we now have pinned this down to a very narrow corridor of track/development. With that, it's all just going to come down to precise timing of when the phasing occurs. I suspect we are going to be walking a fine line until probably 24-hours out b/c a very slight difference (slightly earlier vs. slightly later) is going to mean the world (for many). 

I'd be. Little cold around and nothing to prevent this from becoming a stemwinder over Kevin's fanny.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

OP is probably right in the middle of the EPS....I think this makes a whiff a lot less likely now, but I never really bought the whiff idea. I've always been more concerned with ptype in this one.

The key will be that lead southern streamer staying ahead of the northern stream long enough.

At hr 108, the op definitely has the low with the srn vort that is offshore. That makes a wider hook. The mean must have members not showing this because I don't see the same feature at H5 on the mean, that the op shows.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I'd be. Little cold around and nothing to prevent this from becoming a stemwinder over Kevin's fanny.

In that regard, yes that is definitely a concern, but on the other hand, if this materializes like the 12z Euro, it wouldn't be much of a concern. Obviously (outside of the elevations and interior) we're looking for near-perfection. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

At hr 108, the op definitely has the low with the srn vort that is offshore. That makes a wider hook. The mean must have members not showing this because I don't see the same feature at H5 on the mean, that the op shows.

Yeah I'm sure several of the ensemble members just absorb it into the northern stream early on....or don't ever really see it. I'd like to see a bit better continuity on the northern stream though...it's been jumping around a little too much for my liking on a typical D4-5 forecast.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He 108 is getting to the spot where prioritize OP over EPS.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nah...doesn't change my thoughts...just suprised.

12z EPS was better than 00z. 00z took a tighter turn south of LI which made it a bit less snowy....it was 06z that was quite a bit east, but the 06z OP run only went to 90h so we never saw it's final solution.

I think this is going to move around a bit though over the next few runs.

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I agree.  We were told to look at the ensembles, not the ops.  Well, we are.

My thoughts are that that the mean is dragged west by:

1) OTS members disappearing

2) Inland members diverging from the OP by phasing faster around the day 4 window, which is near the window when OP should be waited more. 

I still think this is big snows, but if EPS goes west again, then that probably changes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My thoughts are that that the mean is dragged west by:

1) OTS members disappearing

2) Inland members diverging from the OP by phasing faster around the day 4 window, which is near the window when OP should be waited more. 

I still think this is big snows, but if EPS goes west again, then that probably changes. 

Even if the EPS holds serve it won't be good for many.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Quite a few more members were inland than at 0z.

True, but all that does at this stage is keep expectations at bay and just illustrates that subtle differences regarding the timing of phasing will have a huge impact overall. 18z or 0z could tick more east with the majority of members...that wouldn't or shouldn't change any thinking yet...we're still a bit too far out in time.  

• Like 2