Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Attach a chainsaw type motor or two on it with a prop I believe.or small lil outboard type thing. 

Or a dozen.  An ice circle 2 feet thick and 500 feet in diameter weighs about 10,000 tons - lots of inertia.  Cutting a perfect circle with saw blades perfectly vertical is critical.   My guess is that once the circle is marked on the ice, they chainsaw it twice an inch or 2 apart to ensure clearance.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe grab a few wet sloppy inches hills SNE Monday night based on modeling  . One of those deals where it’s 50 Monday and you wake up to 2.5” on grass 

Looks really torched in the lowest levels. Same song as most of this season except even more pronounced this time. No good low level cold on ageo flow. That’s why the trailing wave was better…it actually had a little bit of cold to tap. 

another winter-like sunset walk around the river, it was nice. There is one inch of mostly snow, it has been falling from the sky since about 3pm, temperatures hovering near 30 degrees, wind almost moderate at all times and some strong gusts occasionally. (Wildcat skied reasonably well today, I actually enjoyed the ungroomed terrain into the afternoon as it had softened up and had less underlying frozenness)

36 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

30.2f light snow. Change to sleet for a while but it's gone back to snow. Actually snowing pretty good even though radar doesn't show much. Guessing about an inch and a half.

Yeah we went back over to decent snow.  1.5 mile vis -SN but its all fresh white again. An inch or so.