Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,517
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
    Joined

February 2023 Obs/Discussion


Baroclinic Zone
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you live in NNE and/ or like rain in SNE sure. Looks like 2 weeks ago 

The same crew that has been wishcasting snowstorms since November for DC/BAL/PHL/NYC is trying to wishcast next weekend into a another snowstorm for them. You’d think after being wrong over and over for the last 4 months they’d get embarrassed, humble and stop but nope. The hype machine is still in full effect
  • Weenie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, snowman19 said:


The same crew that has been wishcasting snowstorms since November for DC/BAL/PHL/NYC is trying to wishcast next weekend into a another snowstorm for them. You’d think after being wrong over and over for the last 4 months they’d get embarrassed, humble and stop but nope. The hype machine is still in full effect

Youre only allowed 5 posts per day? :lmao: someone humbled you it looks like. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, snowman19 said:


Another rainstorm for NYC, that’s not a snowstorm pattern. Stop believing twitter, they’ve been wrong all winter

Listen... You are probably right. The pattern has done this all season.  Shows Snow and as the event gets closer it becomes a rain storm ( or slop to rain ). That has been the pattern. However, there is no need to pounce on anyone if they still hold out that one of these storms turns out to be a snow event. It is possible. We still have February and most of March. 

So, let it be... There is no harm in holding out hope that we still see some snow. It's not hurting anyone. Why the hell do some of you feel the need to jump all over people. If you have giving up hope, so be it. 

My take is I'm fine with the fact that our chances of seeing a big snow event are very low. But it is not zero. And if something does pop.... I'll be there... And SO WILL YOU YOU! LOL 

Let people be! 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:


The same crew that has been wishcasting snowstorms since November for DC/BAL/PHL/NYC is trying to wishcast next weekend into a another snowstorm for them. You’d think after being wrong over and over for the last 4 months they’d get embarrassed, humble and stop but nope. The hype machine is still in full effect

 

41 minutes ago, snowman19 said:


Another rainstorm for NYC, that’s not a snowstorm pattern. Stop believing twitter, they’ve been wrong all winter

 

40 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

Youre only allowed 5 posts per day? :lmao: someone humbled you it looks like. 

 

 

30 minutes ago, snowman19 said:


The whim of a moderator in the playground NYC forum with a grudge and very weird obsession with me, I think he has a basement setup like the one from The Silence Of The Lambs

 

Just now, SRRTA22 said:

I mean you get off on trolling people who like snow, for the life of me I can't understand what grown ass man does that , but to each his own 

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/forum/11-new-york-city-metro/

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find folks who take their time to post on a weather forum about past grievances and failures of the season while chastising those who continue to do what the hobby or profession entails, fascinatingly strange. It’s one thing to discuss a future outcome regardless of one’s perspective, it’s another to obsess over someone’s else’s objective reasoning with continued emotional wanking. 

35 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Listen... You are probably right. The pattern has done this all season.  Shows Snow and as the event gets closer it becomes a rain storm ( or slop to rain ). That has been the pattern. However, there is no need to pounce on anyone if they still hold out that one of these storms turns out to be a snow event. It is possible. We still have February and most of March. 

So, let it be... There is no harm in holding out hope that we still see some snow. It's not hurting anyone. Why the hell do some of you feel the need to jump all over people. If you have giving up hope, so be it. 

My take is I'm fine with the fact that our chances of seeing a big snow event are very low. But it is not zero. And if something does pop.... I'll be there... And SO WILL YOU YOU! LOL 

Let people be! 

It is as if a weather forum is only designed to exist when the cold season is going favorably. Otherwise, it should be temporarily shut down.

  • Like 5
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I find folks who take their time to post on a weather forum about past grievances and failures of the season while chastising those who continue to do what the hobby or profession entails, fascinatingly strange. It’s one thing to discuss a future outcome regardless of one’s perspective, it’s another to obsess over someone’s else’s objective reasoning with continued emotional wanking. 

It is as if a weather forum is only designed to exist when the cold season is going favorably. Otherwise, it should be temporarily shut down.

Is this a dig at my post? Lol

No regrets on what I posted. Truth is the truth. :-)

just a lot of people who feel the need to flex their muscle ( or lack there of ). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm sure you guys have taken notice to just how illustriously the 00z GFS is seeing the expected mid month turn-around into a spectacular warm up ...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_61.png

I think the mid feb warmup will be fast and dramatic, like a January thaw.  But I’m convinced we then turn cold and snowy to end, with some Atlantic help.  Maybe we final melt out mid March.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...