Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This isn’t a simple synoptic setup. Placing the banding with a developing secondary dealing with multiple pieces of energy in close proximity is tricky. The kind of thing models would have missed completely 20 years ago.  The highest resolution and best physics has the best chance to possible see it and that’s the opp. 

Bottom Line: don't get your hopes up, kids.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ji said:

Sighdc439815d1939695e8a6b83ac71b7eee.jpg

Unfortunately how it gets there is believable. The better look out west only lasts 3 days, not long enough to do anything, then the pac attacks again and it’s right back to square one. Not saying I believe the Gfs but that’s been the status quo for years. 

• Like 1

I thought last winter was somewhat underwhelming in Frederick, but it's really looking like a true winter in comparison to this season so far.  There is literally nothing to track on the GFS.  Even the upcoming system is looking like a pedestrian frontal passage with needed, but not excessive rain.  

We're getting La Nina'd.  It's as simple as that.

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I thought last winter was somewhat underwhelming in Frederick, but it's really looking like a true winter in comparison to this season so far.  There is literally nothing to track on the GFS.  Even the upcoming system is looking like a pedestrian frontal passage with needed, but not excessive rain.  

We're getting La Nina'd.  It's as simple as that.

CA is getting nino’ed…it’s Thunderdome!

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I hate to post another long range ensemble map but to counter some of the 300 hour + long range OP maps being posted  this look on the GEFS should get us cold enough to snow if this look is correct.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_56.png

Thanks.   I wasn’t sure why we were analyzing 300 hour OP maps, honestly.  It can’t be THAT dire, yet. ;) 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic