• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion)

Kmlwx

8 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

That was intense. Worst storm I've experienced since moving here 15 years ago. Went to the basement for this one. 

I was stuck on 30 near Cape Horn as it passed. It was bad. Trees came down around me.  I pulled into the little lot by the pond next to the middle school. It lifted up the Portable restroom that’s there and threw it. A tree came down next to my car. Luckily nothing hit my car.  Town is a mess right now. Just got the kids. Couldn’t tell if it was straight line or tornado. Happened too fast and was raining too hard. But I heard police confirmed a tornado on the ground near the PA line after it passed us. 
ETA: sky had that eerie green look right before all hell broke lose 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I was stuck on 30 near Cape Horn as it passed. It was bad. Trees came down around me.  I pulled into the little lot by the pond next to the middle school. It lifted up the Portable restroom that’s there and threw it. A tree came down next to my car. Luckily nothing hit my car.  Town is a mess right now. Just got the kids. Couldn’t tell if it was straight line or tornado. Happened too fast and was raining too hard. But I heard police confirmed a tornado on the ground near the PA line after it passed us. 

Just now, TSSN+ said:

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

Glad you both are ok. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pazzo83 said:

My mom says really bad hail with that tornado-warned storm in Staunton

That area (Staunton to Fishersville to Waynesboro) is what I call the Valley 'Nader Zone', if anything big is gonna happen on the western side of the state, it will be there. I went thru there a couple years ago after a HUGE hail storm, ground was white and places had hail 6-10 inches deep where it had piled up or carried by rain. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

ETA: sky had that eerie green look right before all hell broke lose 

My house is good but neighbor lost their shed and trampoline. I think the worst was just north of us. Glad you made it home ok.