Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That one was run out of my basement….GGEM has to be the best model for phantom weenie snow

B4E226AA-75C8-43B4-97A6-C9EF6B5E2E61.jpeg

This season, every model that had a snowy run ended up being wrong. Euro, GFS, and the CMC have all had snowy looks from time to time. But the rainiest model almost always verified. Tenure of the season I guess...CMC isn't great down here, but it would quadruple our current season total.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

This season, every model that had a snowy run ended up being wrong. Euro, GFS, and the CMC have all had snowy looks. But the rainest model almost always verified. Tenure of the season I guess, it isn't great down here, but it would quadruple our current season total.

Tenor of the season, too.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

This season, every model that had a snowy run ended up being wrong. Euro, GFS, and the CMC have all had snowy looks from time to time. But the rainiest model almost always verified. Tenure of the season I guess...CMC isn't great down here, but it would quadruple our current season total.

Well maybe just maybe one of these will finally come true

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I’ll take my 15” and run and Won’t ask questions. 

That one was run out of my basement….GGEM has to be the best model for phantom weenie snow

B4E226AA-75C8-43B4-97A6-C9EF6B5E2E61.thumb.jpeg.08892ddc3b3ef817a5514453085d5127.jpeg

How about all the models caving to the GFS with phasing the day Day 4-6 wave. Crazy. See if euro does it at 12z as well.

For us down in Philly we need a faster NS, but I really like the setup day 9 suddenly, long way out though obviously. You can see the GFS/CMC races the NS out ahead of the main vort with different degrees of strength and placement.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

How about all the models caving to the GFS with phasing the day Day 4-6 wave. Crazy. See if euro does it at 12z as well.

For us down in Philly we need a faster NS, but I really like the setup day 9 suddenly, long way out though obviously. You can see the GFS/CMC races the NS out ahead of the main vort with different degrees of strength and placement.

I adore the set up day 50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think its totally possible....other than that, this is 2001-2002-lite.

It’s actually much worse.  2001-02 had dry warm days in abundance until mid spring when it got cold.   This year we’ve had many useless dank days not warm enough to really enjoy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s actually much worse.  2001-02 had dry warm days in abundance until mid spring when it got cold.   This year we’ve had many useless dank days not warm enough to really enjoy.

Well, it depends on perspective....obviously 2001 was worse form a winter pattern standpoint.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought we fixed this nonsense with the GFS and not saturating the lower levels? Sell the temps. Again. 

gfs_2023011712_060_42.75--71.25.png

It's like whenever we update software around here and it blows away some local fix we had. It's almost like the GFS was updated and they forgot to carry over the code that fixed this.

• Like 2

Yeah...  10 days, 3 events...  30"   piece of cake.

Or piece of shit... depending -

There isn't much difference timing-wise between the GGEM and GFS Otherwise, their respective 12z runs are almost identical.    10 days... 3 events...

GFS has been succeeding all winter gashing hope in the heart for winter enthusiasts ... no need to elaborate there. 

GGEM has just enough more amplitude, and opts to align the storm track about 200 mile S or so.  est..  Also, that second event has more N-stream phasing.   

The GFS bi-passes on that one and (what's new -) hurries the N/stream off the New England coast at ludicrous speed...  Maybe that's right maybe that's wrong ? My guess is wrong, but whatever the result ...winter enthusiasts still get gashed again.  Hard to knock such persistency. 

• Like 1