Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I had a graphic years ago showing the acreage and aerial extent of the “snow zone” vs a “rain zone” on a storm cutting to the Lakes.  Like 1/3rd of the US would see rain from it, but like 1/150th of the US would see decent snow from that same system.  Take numbers with grain of salt but just showed how hitting the “snow zone” was so hard to thread the needle while everyone east of Mississippi would see rain from the system.

March 13 says wut?

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why do you keep responding to all of if? I'm not sure which is worse...

This place is fascinating and not always in a good way , particularly when it’s not snowing but to be honest it’s my own fault if I have nothing better to do with my time when the weather is pathetically boring for a snow lover . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

March 13 says wut?

Pretty sure 3/13/93 hit me like a ton of bricks. Most amazing things about that storm.  A. Noaa weather radio said 3 to 4 ft for N VT.  Never heard anything like it.   B.  It delivered in 3 in/hr.  I lived on "maple st"  Aka north main st in stowe.  I took my subaru to the union bank and someone was pulled over out front of the ackley memorial building getting tested for a dui in blizzard conditions.  Totally unfair and he should have won his court case.  I parked in union bank and hear the loudest thunder, nearly shit my pants.  I think it was my second thundersnow after blizzard of 83 in Philly.  Went to the mt road market a store i miss to this day, and got a case of stovepipe porter, which I just saw last week for the first time since then.  Most of my friends then worked in restaurants and  lived outside of stowe so they all came to my place and we had a blizzard party.  WE skied down maple st aka rt 100 in 1 ft of unplowed snow because they just coulndt keep up.  We got 2 ft in 12 hours and it was gone.  My boss at the depot st malt shoppe called me and said we are opening because no one else is and I was still drunk and had to walk to work after digging out my car so the plow could clear the driveway.  Because we were one of the only places open we had the busiest day ever and I was so hungover/drunk I wanted to kill myself.  Fuck you Kneale family that owns harrisons now!!  :)  Weather sucks so I thought I'd interject a story of snow

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmcginvt said:

Pretty sure 3/13/93 hit me like a ton of bricks. Most amazing things about that storm.  A. Noaa weather radio said 3 to 4 ft for N VT.  Never heard anything like it.   B.  It delivered in 3 in/hr.  I lived on "maple st"  Aka north main st in stowe.  I took my subaru to the union bank and someone was pulled over out front of the ackley memorial building getting tested for a dui in blizzard conditions.  Totally unfair and he should have won his court case.  I parked in union bank and hear the loudest thunder, nearly shit my pants.  I think it was my second thundersnow after blizzard of 83 in Philly.  Went to the mt road market a store i miss to this day, and got a case of stovepipe porter, which I just saw last week for the first time since then.  Most of my friends then worked in restaurants and  lived outside of stowe so they all came to my place and we had a blizzard party.  WE skied down maple st aka rt 100 in 1 ft of unplowed snow because they just coulndt keep up.  We got 2 ft in 12 hours and it was gone.  My boss at the depot st malt shoppe called me and said we are opening because no one else is and I was still drunk and had to walk to work after digging out my car so the plow could clear the driveway.  Because we were one of the only places open we had the busiest day ever and I was so hungover/drunk I wanted to kill myself.  Fuck you Kneale family that owns harrisons now!!  :)  Weather sucks so I thought I'd interject a story of snow

This is a riot