Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Light rain starting up and still 31F. Hopefully warms fast enough to avoid 93 Phil. 

Ya, ASH just went to 32 according to my shop Davis, did the old drag feet in my parking lot, just wet (should invest in handheld to check ground temp) trying to avoid salt run for today...

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe some light snow Friday aftn and evening and then again Saturday night. The storm on the 12th has support, but who knows this far out. Also signs of another one shortly after on the ensembles.

Tips been talking about that time frame(12-14) for quite sometime now…keeps showing up, now on OP run all of a sudden…. at this point even seeing anything interesting is a plus. Getting anything to verify is a whole other story.   But it’s all there is currently. 

3.8” total on the season to date here…be nice to grab a lil something in the next couple weeks.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

1/12 and maybe 1/14-15 are prob the two periods to watch after this weekend. There’s a very low prob that 1/8 could try and bring something but the flow looks a bit too flat to get that system far enough north. 

Thanks for info.

It’s gotta snow at some point in SNE.  I don’t think I go from the beginning of January to the end of March and finish the season with the 3.8” I have currently on the season.  But then again who knows?

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thanks for info.

It’s gotta snow at some point in SNE.  I don’t think I go from the beginning of January to the end of March and finish the season with the 3.8” I have currently on the season.  But then again who knows?

Something has to give, right? But like you said who knows...I wonder if this region, away from the coast has ever had a single digit season. I lived through a few down in SE PA, but wouldn't think it possible up here.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Something has to give, right? But like you said who knows...I wonder if this region, away from the coast has ever had a single digit season. I lived through a few down in SE PA, but wouldn't think it possible up here.

I don’t think it’s ever happened away from the coast there. Looking at BDL, which isn’t exactly a snow magnet, their lowest is 14.7 in 1936-37 and then 14.9 in 1988-89. 

BDR has done it a handful of times but their lowest is 8.2” so I’d find it difficult for your location to have ever been sub-10” at least in the years we have records. I’m sure if you go back far enough prior to official records maybe there was a near snowless winter. 

14 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I would certainly bet money against a single digit season happening this year for wolf

I mean it only takes a warning event to get him there from where he is 

It’s still a depressing season to date but I wouldn’t never predict going under 10 inches on January 3’rd ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Tips been talking about that time frame(12-14) for quite sometime now…keeps showing up, now on OP run all of a sudden…. at this point even seeing anything interesting is a plus. Getting anything to verify is a whole other story.   But it’s all there is currently. 

3.8” total on the season to date here…be nice to grab a lil something in the next couple weeks.   

Yeah, Tip talked about lasagna on the way after Friday's bread sticks....or something like that.  The bread sticks aren't even crumbs down here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would certainly bet money against a single digit season happening this year for wolf

I mean it only takes a warning event to get him there from where he is 

It’s still a depressing season to date but I wouldn’t never predict going under 10 inches on January 3’rd ..

Yeah...I mean BDL had 2.8" through 2/15 in 1980 and still finished in double digits. Like Will said, I'm sure the stars of suck aligned at one point for a sub 10" season, but it's tough to do today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Even Judah can’t find a silver lining to tout a SSW. 

The strong #PolarVortex and associated mild pattern has taken it's toll on Northern Hemisphere #snow cover with current levels at decadal lows mostly due to sparse snow cover in western Eurasian especially Europe followed next by the Northeastern US.
  • Thanks 1