• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

It's going to be tough for anywhere other than NNE to pickup any snow next two weeks unfortunately.  Canada just doesn't have any real cold for us, so it's gonna be the "lucky nickel and dime" stuff next few weeks.

Thankfully as others have mentioned mid January into Feb looking good for at least having the right conditions for snow in all of New England.  And if you are looking at long term models Feb and March look cold.  Hopefully not suppressed.  Maybe another back-loaded winter?

EDIT:  Snow Depth Loop for the same GEFS run - again just showing that we are looking good mid-January forward.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We need to flush this current nonsense out for Winter enthusiasts.  There is no cold to be tapped into in Canada.  Pattern is garbage unless something is timed perfect for SNE.  C/NNE could cash in.

Wash / rinse / repeat 

I mean we have January rain today and then Wednesday nite that may end in frozen drizzle and light flurries away from coast  . This is the reality of this week . I am somewhat Jealous of CT touching 60 Wednesday am. I’ll take that . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wash / rinse / repeat 

I mean we have January rain today and then Wednesday nite that may end in frozen drizzle and light flurries away from coast  . This is the reality of this week . I am somewhat Jealous of CT touching 60 Wednesday am. I’ll take that . 

I'm keeping an eye on the PAC jet and Canada.  Changes there are min-month and beyond.

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wash / rinse / repeat 

Sell that. Euro by itself.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Despite the crappy look, we don’t have a predominant SE ridge. It really is Nino like. So there is hope especially inland that you can sneak something in with a high to the north.

Yeah, we have the SE Ridge right now but it gets beaten down and flow is very zonal until mid-month when we pop the PNA ridge and have our next threat materialize.  Light precip events.