Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I agree 100%  but the cynic in me says, it is the NFL, so I am surprised they are calling it.

I mean even after players seeing a teammate being administered CPR and AED on the field, the initial call was to give a five minute warm up before resuming play. I’m glad they stopped the game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Football sucks 

Dangerous sport 

Did you watch the play ?

This wasn’t even a hard hit or even a dirty hit

There had to be some sort of undiagnosed condition Bc Average tackles of this impact have happened thousands of times a year in the NFL with no effect 

his head did get jacked backed pretty good last month with the Jacobi Myers hit ,  I wondered if there was a concussion there but I’m not sure what went on here , was very odd and unusual

prayers are with this young man 

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Did you watch the play ?

There had to be some sort of undiagnosed condition Bc Average tackles have happened thousands of times a year in the NFL with no effect 

his head did get jacked backed pretty good last month with the Jacobi Myers hit , but prayers are with this young man 

I was shocked when he collapsed. Maybe he did have an underlying disease.

You have many on social media blaming the vaccines. Smh.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Did you watch the play ?

There had to be some sort of undiagnosed condition Bc Average tackles have happened thousands of times a year in the NFL with no effect 

his head did get jacked backed pretty good last month with the Jacobi Myers hit , but prayers are with this young man 

I don't think it's a pre-existing condition that causes it, it's getting hit in just the right spot at just the right time even with a healthy heart.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I got this from reading up on it

defibrillation within 1 minute of ventricular fibrillation onset results in a 100% survival rate and that defibrillation after 2 minutes results in an 80% survival rate.

If indeed that's what it was, That would be great news because they used an AED on him.

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It wasn’t a bad hit though. 

In my younger days I hung with a few high skill Chinese Kung Fu guys and they would discuss how palm strikes, as opposed to a more precise straight punch, were the ideal chest blows.  Had the best chance of disrupting the heart beat, supposedly.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Helmet right to chest. Wasn’t the hardest hit you’ll see, but I’m sure the specific location was the culprit 

If indeed it is that heart condition then yeah timing of that potentially would not be good. Who knows though. All we can do is speculate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If someone is intubated it seems like that they are sedated , so i assume it will be extremely important to see what his brain activity is when that sedation wears off ..

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

His marketing rep and friend:

Yes, Read this about 15 mins ago

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m just going to start aggressively  moving the whining posts to the panic room thread. 

There’s actually some events to track now and even though many don’t care about an inland icing threat or marginal snow threat, some still do so the whiners/don’t carers can exit this thread or we will do it for them. 

A positive move... as I stated earlier, I'm a very minor poster and not trying to tell anybody how to run a forum.  But there is often wonderful insight from some posters, both mets and hobbyists, that can and often does get lost in overwhelming number of meaningless posts.  If folks want to moan and whine that is fine with me, but it should stay out of the main threads, at least not to the degree it currently is... I'm not a kill joy either and there is room for some snarky back and forth, but it appears to be dominating what I consider the main threads...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My FB "memories" feed has been torturing me with snow pictures.   LOL

It's all we have at this point, last time it was this bad was 2007, then Valentines day happened, hopeful for that analog.  That winter was so bad, had a decent storm in late Jan but nothing else until 2/14, then it snowed like every day for 2 months deep into april

image.png.8473c77ea52045510e06aa9829e0e791.png