• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2022

George BM

Just an observation about the intensity of cold we had: the ground is still frozen in certain shady or northern exposure spots around here. When night falls, you can feel the chill come off the ground. It's quite cold. This is pretty much the only time of year that can happen, when insolation is low enough even on sunny days. It's great! If only we had some snow to stick around....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Thursday hi BWI 58. My high 15 miles to the west in Columbia only 46 according to both of my outside thermometers. 

30.4 at 6am Friday. 

FWIW, two stations near the Hopkins Applied Physics lab at the 32/29 interchange got to 55 and 57 respectively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paleocene said:

Just an observation about the intensity of cold we had: the ground is still frozen in certain shady or northern exposure spots around here. When night falls, you can feel the chill come off the ground. It's quite cold. This is pretty much the only time of year that can happen, when insolation is low enough even on sunny days. It's great! If only we had some snow to stick around....

I did a hike at Tucakhoe late yesterday afternoon, temp was about 50. Walked through an area that is constantly in the shade, and there was still a patch with a little snow on the ground from the flizzard last Friday. Would have been long gone without the frozen ground.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic