Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

Just now, jayyy said:

Sky has finally opened up in Union Bridge. Huge flakes falling

For those of you tracking on radar at home, if you switch to the lowest scan on the Correlation Coefficient, once the values get over ~85%, it starts snowing a bit. By 90% it's full snow. There's definitely a dry layer though...it was mangled plates and needles for a good 40 minutes before the legit snow started.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

For those of you tracking on radar at home, if you switch to the lowest scan on the Correlation Coefficient, once the values get over ~85%, it starts snowing a bit. By 90% it's full snow. There's definitely a dry layer though...it was mangled plates and needles for a good 40 minutes before the legit snow started.

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

What a hose job down here in Chesapeake. The GFS last Sunday at 36Z showed us getting a trace or 0.8". I haven't checked it since but apparently now we're getting nothing but rain. This "winter" has been a travesty. I don't know if I want to cry in my pillow or go outside and throw my fists at the air several hundred times. Good luck to everyone up north and especially those jacking in the jackpot! Cheers!  

Did Beans, Bill, and Ball enjoy the snow last Monday?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

What a hose job down here in Chesapeake. The GFS last Sunday at 36Z showed us getting a trace or 0.8". I haven't checked it since but apparently now we're getting nothing but rain. This "winter" has been a travesty. I don't know if I want to cry in my pillow or go outside and throw my fists at the air several hundred times. Good luck to everyone up north and especially those jacking in the jackpot! Cheers!  

you weren’t the one saying you were in a better spot for snow than Winchester on Monday, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Thanks for the info! There was definitely mangey snow falling for a good 30-40 mins before we got some legit flakes