joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

24 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Local spotter here at Canaan Heights reporting 8.9" so far

4" in the last two hours.

Incredible. Makes me even more thrilled about Timberline tomorrow. Definitely helps that the station is at 3700'.

Here in Thomas it's around 6.7". Hoping to crack double digits by the time it's done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Would it be blasphemy if I said I was indulging in a glass of wine right now?

Not at all! When the wife drinks, we crack a nice bottle together. That’s only weekends for her. For me, I’ll crack a beer or two on days that end in AY. :lol: 

Enjoy the flakes tonight!

• Haha 3

It's almost go time

THeshow.thumb.png.91234afab98de6c0c5b2b95dfbf50a73.png

Currently the surface low is over south central VA moving ENE towards the lower Ches Bay.  The upper level short wave is rounding the base of the trough in KY and about to cross through WV then VA later tonight.  As that happens VV's will be increasing across the area.  That area in SW VA right now I have circled is going to be the main show for the DC/Baltimore area as that lifts NE with the best vorticity associated with the mid and upper level energy.  It should be fun for a few hours. 

This is an excellent profile to maximize snow growth across the area during the passage of this feature.  I expect some nice ratios and big fat fluffy OMG flakes.  

SkewTDC.thumb.png.1970b8303c7553c963b77779f4a11804.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Weenie 1

Current HREF (High resolution ensemble forecast) still shows a general 2-4" for much of the area, and that's including the meh 00z HRRR run for most of the area. You can see the NW corridor more in line with the 4-6" prospects, which jives well with what has already fallen since 07/00z. Things still look good to me. I still like my current forecast overall and I had the 1" in there to cover for bad luck and inside the beltways. The snow that does fall will come in pretty heavy. Pixie dust to an onslaught for 2-4 hrs time, then creep off in the dead of night. After midnight is when the rest of the gang will get the goods. Snow is coming guys! Don't fret too much cuz you could be looking at cold dirt like me :lol:

2025541392_0106HREF12hrmeansnowfall.thumb.PNG.bf476f0945df86a1a4fb04c7110e2fdc.PNG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3