Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

16 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

He has been correct unfortunately….sucks clicking off weeks in winter like it’s nothing…

The biggest thing of all posts I hate is to lose December. All these posts of it’s not supposed to snow in December that you see. Climo is bad in Dec. I hate that . That means you only have 2 months before spring . I don’t care who avg more snow in Morch than Dec. It is supposed to snow in Dec in SNE . And when it does , it has a better chance of sticking around than Morch in spring sun . And then to lose the first 7-10 days of Jan . The writing is on the wall for this winter . It will snow again yes.. but this will end up a winter we will like to forget 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The biggest thing of all posts I hate is to lose December. All these posts of it’s not supposed to snow in December that you see. Climo is bad in Dec. I hate that . That means you only have 2 months before spring . I don’t care who avg more snow in Morch than Dec. It is supposed to snow in Dec in SNE . And when it does , it has a better chance of sticking around than Morch in spring sun . And then to lose the first 7-10 days of Jan . The writing is on the wall for this winter . It will snow again yes.. but this will end up a winter we will like to forget 

Maybe you should consider moving to Caribou.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Idk seems like whenever we do get good snow in December which is like every other year we get a grinch storm to melt it all away. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Just got home from there a couple hrs ago. They have about 12-14” on the ground up there currently.  It hasn’t been a good December for them either (slow start).   

There are way better places to live if your going to live somewhere for snow in the north east. Tug hill puts them to shame most years. With limited cold moving over the lakes this isn’t one of them. Who wouldn’t want to experience 76/77 there. 400+ inches. 

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There are way better places to live if your going to live somewhere for snow in the north east. Tug hill puts them to shame most years. With limited cold moving over the lakes this isn’t one of them. Who wouldn’t want to experience 76/77 there. 400+ inches. 

Apples and Oranges.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

100%.  December is the best month for snow because it sticks around, plus holidays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Winter doesn’t really start until late December at least where I live. We have really only lost a week of winter in my eyes, and in our best winters we lose an entire month or more. 2014-2015 sucked until late Jan, didn’t stop it from being the snowiest winter on record. March is a winter month, we have 3 months of winter. Jan, Feb, March. The Jan 7th threat is real, it wouldn’t take much for that to turn into a Miller b nor’easter. Winter is nowhere near over, and from what I’ve seen the long range actually looks pretty damn good. I won’t give up, and am going to stick to my guns. I called for 70-85 inches of snow in the Boston area, and I’m sticking to it. Yeah, the last week of December didn’t pan out but I think we are going to make up for it really quickly Jan-March.

it's winters like this, where we don't really have any pack until, for me anyway, mid Jan, where the longer into the season, the more I'd be happy with just a big one or two and forget the pack... I think in order to make a run at pack depth, you need a good Dec and decent cold to stick around... even if we had a foot on the ground starting on Xmas, this week would have eaten it up by today, hopefully the 7th doesn't do what the last 4 storm threats have done and turn 40 and rain, this weekend was supposed to be something a week ago and now look... sucks for snow lovers but congrats nne, at least you guys are getting something, I'm sitting at 5", and half that came in Nov when I was in florida.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Euro been quite persistent with the back end snows here on Monday and the GFS as well to some extent, These typically don't work out but this one has more of an over running look to it and not anafrontal.

floop-ecmwf_full-2021123118.sn10_acc.us_ne.gif

Actually there is a distinct LP off the Coast of SNE now. Helluva way to run a cutter

index (3).png

index (4).png

index (5).png

• Like 2

so I can't see the full Euro, but TT is showing the Op cutting and ENS showing a LP south of SNE, how confident are we about the 7th threat at this range? heights look good too, looks legit to me, again, a week out so we'll have to see how the week goes, but would be nice to see something before I head south mid month to start new vocation.. where it's like 60/70 degrees daily it seems.

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

January can hold a pack nicely. Even into Feb. The fluff starts to get tough to hold later Feb though. Especially if no pack.  3” of fluff can go quick in Late Feb sun.

I remember the almost 4 foot pack we had in Randolph on Feb 7, 1978 was mostly gone by the end of the month.  And that wasn't really fluff either.  No real arctic cold followed the storm as I remember.

12 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

so I can't see the full Euro, but TT is showing the Op cutting and ENS showing a LP south of SNE, how confident are we about the 7th threat at this range? heights look good too, looks legit to me, again, a week out so we'll have t.o see how the week goes, but would be nice to see something before I head south mid month to start new vocation.. where it's like 60/70 degrees daily it seems.

Go ensembles

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Euro been quite persistent with the back end snows here on Monday and the GFS as well to some extent, These typically don't work out but this one has more of an over running look to it and not anafrontal.

floop-ecmwf_full-2021123118.sn10_acc.us_ne.gif

Yeah this is more of a boundary sags south, then stalls, as another shortwave rides the gradient.  Not a true anafrontal situation for the jackpot zone (wherever it might be)… it looks to turn to snow for some latitude before the second energy moves through. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah this is more of a boundary sags south, then stalls, as another shortwave rides the gradient.  Not a true anafrontal situation for the jackpot zone (wherever it might be)… it looks to turn to snow for some latitude before the second energy moves through. 

I think you're in a good spot on this, Its going to come down to the front getting far enough east before the disturbance rides the front NE for here, Euro has it timed right that its snows right to the coast.