Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I used to edit photos to reduce the size when I posted from my iPhone.  I could post what I wanted when I was a moderator with no limits to attachment storage.  I haven’t taken the time to go back and remove all my images since I’m now over my capacity by like 100 fold.  It would take hours to delete all the images, so I created an Imgur account and I upload the images there and post the image link

Takes minutes to delete, Check the boxes and bulk delete.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

If that part of the glacier is already floating on the water, isn't there already displacement from it regardless of whether it's attached to anything?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Ate at Red Parka Pub tonight. The quality at these places has declined a little. They are still good but it seems they can’t get good help in the kitchen and there are supply issues. 

That’s too bad.  They used to do a great job on their steaks.  Medium-rare perfection. 
Try the pulled pork on cinnamon raisin toast down at Moat Brewery sometime.  Yum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That’s too bad.  They used to do a great job on their steaks.  Medium-rare perfection. 
Try the pulled pork on cinnamon raisin toast down at Moat Brewery sometime.  Yum. 

Ate there in mid-November when we did a quick visit to Santa’s Village. I had steak tips and my wife had the prime rib. We thought everythIng was great. Still have good French onion soup as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me that there’s more inconsistency at these types of small eateries due to staffing issues and supply chain problems. Unemployment is low so it’s going to be a while before things stabilize…

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone.

He was on the long path of recovery, but today things just took a turn and that was it. All in a few hours. Even though I’ll never be able to show him the pictures of that peaceful white landscape on Christmas Eve and Christmas, it brings me a measure of comfort to know that everything came full circle—some of my first memories with him involve our mutual excitement for snow, and his final holiday with us was just snowy enough.

I share that, because I know you all understand. 

Keep us in your prayers. 

• Sad 4