Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, dryslot said:

End.

It's been over since last summer.  People just dealing with the possibility of getting sick but living life. We're already to the point that everyone has made up their minds and moving on with their decisions.  I have it in my house and I'm still not living differently.  Although I did an ad hoc interview with my daughter to see what her symptoms are.  Basically a moderate cold so far.  Others I know have been sicker.   It is no longer a deadly virus to the extent it was in 2020.  It won't go away but from what I've observed-people have moved on.  The political types have dug in but everyone else is living life.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's been over since last summer.  People just dealing with the possibility of getting sick but living life. We're already to the point that everyone has made up their minds and moving on with their decisions.  I have it in my house and I'm still not living differently.  Although I did an ad hoc interview with my daughter to see what her symptoms are.  Basically a moderate cold so far.  Others I know have been sicker.   It is no longer a deadly virus to the extent it was in 2020.  It won't go away but from what I've observed-people have moved on.  The political types have dug in but everyone else is living life.

It's easy to say its over when you don't have to wear a mask at work all day and your family doesn't have to change flights to an air carrier that will take people from Africa to the US. That doesn't seem over to me. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's easy to say its over when you don't have to wear a mask at work all day and your family doesn't have to change flights to an air carrier that will take people from Africa to the US. That doesn't seem over to me. 

Yeah I get that.  Everyone in health care will be wearing masks a long time but I'm out.   Back in 1918 it took several years to eventually peter out.  But your situation is tough!  It seems like omicron is blowing through the population quickly so maybe things are normalized by spring?  When is your family scheduled to return?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah I get that.  Everyone in health care will be wearing masks a long time but I'm out.   Back in 1918 it took several years to eventually peter out.  But your situation is tough!  It seems like omicron is blowing through the population quickly so maybe things are normalized by spring?  When is your family scheduled to return?

Feb 12...man, am I sick of this.

• Like 3