Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Somewhat off topic question here.

Many years ago, I had access to a few model databases that would allow you to type in an airport code, and it would output the numerical values for the model run (NAM, EURO, GFS ect.). I enjoyed being able to look across a horizontal column and see the various parameters rather than switch between different graphical outputs as is the standard today. It also allowed easier export to excel and a blending/weighting of values across multiple model suites.

I'm aware of the FOUS database, but was looking to see if anyone is currently aware of a provider who still allows for the raw numerical output from the major model runs? 

3 hours ago, CCHurricane said:

Many years ago, I had access to a few model databases that would allow you to type in an airport code, and it would output the numerical values for the model run (NAM, EURO, GFS ect.). I enjoyed being able to look across a horizontal column and see the various parameters rather than switch between different graphical outputs as is the standard today. It also allowed easier export to excel and a blending/weighting of values across multiple model suites.

I'm aware of the FOUS database, but was looking to see if anyone is currently aware of a provider who still allows for the raw numerical output from the major model runs? 

Good question ... let me know, too, when you find a 'free' site that does that.

Welp ... I've gone and done it.  I've managed to earn myself what in all objective sense of it should as well be construed as a well-deserved and legitimate idiot check from moderation.  Ah, a warning  -

Just waded into the wrong sub-forum, and let probably what is regular fair in that Off-Topic realm, pot shots masquerading behind a thin veil of congeniality, get the better of me.   The only difference was ...I chose a direct approach - heh.. enter imagination here (   ).

Funny thing is... if you cross that congeniality line too far and earn one of these warnings, apparently you can't do anything else until you acknowledge the warning.  That's fine ...I understand the necessity to make sure the point is driven home, but to excoriate one, when the there is just as much at fault and doesn't get reprimanded, merely because they didn't use the c* word ( hahaha... I know, I got no excuse - ), ...effectively condones their behavior.  

I guess that's why they call it Off Topic?   

Cheers - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Welp ... I've gone and done it.  I've managed to earn myself what in all objective sense of it should as well be construed as a well-deserved and legitimate idiot check from moderation.  Ah, a warning  -

Just waded into the wrong sub-forum, and let probably what is regular fair in that Off-Topic realm, pot shots masquerading behind a thin veil of congeniality.   The only difference was ...I chose a direct approach - heh.. enter imagination here (   ).

Funny thing is... if you cross that congeniality line too far and earn one of these warnings, apparently you can't do anything else until you acknowledge the warning.  That's fine ...I understand the necessity to make sure the point is driven home, but to excoriate one, when the there is just as much at fault and doesn't get reprimanded, merely because they didn't use the c* word ( hahaha... I know, I got no excuse - ), ...effectively condones their behavior.  

Cheers - 

I would stay far away from OT. It’s a cesspit where the “staff” just harasses people and embarrasses themselves. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just waded into the wrong sub-forum, and let probably what is regular fair in that Off-Topic realm, pot shots masquerading behind a thin veil of congeniality, get the better of me.   The only difference was ...I chose a direct approach - heh.. enter imagination here (   ).

Cheers - 

Stay here in NE Tip, the rest of them are toxic....

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Cheers - 

Let us guess it was Buckeye who issued the warning. She loves us NErs

• Like 2

Any Volvo people out there?  Thinking of trading in my Jeep GC for an XC60. Looking at the ‘22 B5 with a couple of the bells and whistles like the HK system. 

The trade-in value for my Jeep is $1k more than the lease buyout price I paid nearly 3 years ago!  
We bought a V90 recently. Wicked nice, comfortable and semi sporty

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CCHurricane said:

I use to use this one occasionally for text soundings, But not for quite a while now.

http://www.wxcaster.com/models_text.htm

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There is a tremendous amount of jealousy from other areas of the country for New England. It’s simply a better way of life in all facets and they hate it . And they take it out in any way they can . Including on a weather forum 

Haha this isn’t serious right?

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I would stay far away from OT. It’s a cesspit where the “staff” just harasses people and embarrasses themselves. 

Yep. They've been stalking and harassing individuals from the Upstate NY subforum...and then hide behind "you were using hate speech" when really the adult members in our subforum are quite capable of respectful discussion. Wxtrix likes to quote/copy and paste any non-weather related items from banter threads on there and cause drama. Then a couple of the mods support it and name call if you question things. Avoid that toxic cesspool where they intentionally pull people in to bully them...and then laugh when they push people to the limit of typing something that leads to a warning or being banned.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Any Volvo people out there?  Thinking of trading in my Jeep GC for an XC60. Looking at the ‘22 B5 with a couple of the bells and whistles like the HK system. 

The trade-in value for my Jeep is $1k more than the lease buyout price I paid nearly 3 years ago!  

I just had a long discussion with my mechanic about switching over from Subaru to Volvo.  He goes out and finds used cars for his clients and he is hot on Volvo in terms of bang for the buck.  I'm a long time Subaru driver but he has me strongly considering Volvo. 

Only problem is I love me a good 5 or 6 speed manual transmission and that isn't really much of an option with Volvo these days or most any other car for that matter. You can still find the C-30's in manual but I need something bigger so Subaru Outback or Jetta Wagon are the only options if I'm going to be stubborn.

Anyway I'm on board with considering Volvo XC-90 even though it's an automatic.

• Like 2

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I just had a long discussion with my mechanic about switching over from Subaru to Volvo.  He goes out and finds used cars for his clients and he is hot on Volvo in terms of bang for the buck.  I'm a long time Subaru driver but he has me strongly considering Volvo. 

Only problem is I love me a good 5 or 6 speed manual transmission and that isn't really much of an option with Volvo these days or most any other car for that matter. You can still find the C-30's in manual but I need something bigger so Subaru Outback or Jetta Wagon or BMW are the only options if I'm going to be stubborn.

47 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yep. They've been stalking and harassing individuals from the Upstate NY subforum...and then hide behind "you were using hate speech" when really the adult members in our subforum are quite capable of respectful discussion. Wxtrix likes to quote/copy and paste any non-weather related items from banter threads on there and cause drama. Then a couple of the mods support it and name call if you question things. Avoid that toxic cesspool where they intentionally pull people in to bully them...and then laugh when they push people to the limit of typing something that leads to a warning or being banned.

She's kind of an odd duck to be polite.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Only problem is I love me a good 5 or 6 speed manual transmission and that isn't really much of an option with Volvo these days or most any other car for that matter. You can still find the C-30's in manual but I need something bigger so Subaru Outback or Jetta Wagon are the only options if I'm going to be stubborn.

Volvo is owned by Geely, a Chinese car company.  Please don't man. We give so much to China let's not go give our cars away too. Just buy an explorer or something. Plus you won't look like an AEMATT sWellesley suburbanite headed to Talbots. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Volvo is owned by Geely, a Chinese car company.  Please don't man. We give so much to China let's not go give our cars away too. Just buy an explorer or something. Plus you won't look like an AEMATT sWellesley suburbanite headed to Talbots. 

I just like safe, affordable transportation.  My preference is still a late teens 5 speed manual Subaru Outback.  

The fact is, is you don't want to use your dollar coupons to support a Chinese company, then you need to be very discerning with your spending.   Yes, we have given so much to China and US Presidents and the Congress and those they are beholden too, on both sides of the aisle, are to blame, no matter how uncomfortable that makes some folks. 

• Like 2