Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Got my moderna booster last night and now I’m in bed with a 101.4° fever and aches. Anyone else mix and match the booster from the first two doses?

Yes. Got two Pfizers and a Moderna booster. I got a 103.1F temp after the second Pfizer and booster. Side effects for each lasted less than 24 hours. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Got my moderna booster last night and now I’m in bed with a 101.4° fever and aches. Anyone else mix and match the booster from the first two doses?

I know a few people who did mix.  No one with a reaction like that but it's not uncommon for either brand.  Take some tylenol.  It should bring down your fever and help with the aches some.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I know a few people who did mix.  No one with a reaction like that but it's not uncommon for either brand.  Take some tylenol.  It should bring down your fever and help with the aches some.  

I try to embrace fevers unless my temp starts getting too high. With a bad flu I can push 104-105°. I had a little over 101° with Pfizer #2, but this Moderna booster has me pushing 102° and the aches are way worse. All of my joints are killing me too…I actually feel arthritic.

No pain, no gain I guess. 

Just now, dendrite said:

I try to embrace fevers unless my temp starts getting too high. With a bad flu I can push 104-105°. I had a little over 101° with Pfizer #2, but this Moderna booster has me pushing 102° and the aches are way worse. All of my joints are killing me too…I actually feel arthritic.

My bother had 103.4 with his second moderna shot.  I had him take some tylenol and it dropped to around 100.  He felt like crap for about 24-36 hours.  He had no reaction to the booster though.  

44 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sorry to hear but you should be ok in a day or 2. Moderna dosing is higher than the other so the immune response to them can be rather drastic.  I’ve had 3 doses of it and the 2nd was the worst and the 3rd made me feel off for about 8-12hrs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

I wanted to get a moderna booster but CVS refused and insisted I stick with Pfizer. 

Booster side effects were only slightly less crippling than the second shot. Didn't get the overly brutal headaches or fast heartrate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I wanted to buy the large and well-priced Yoplait yogurt case at Costco. But it wasn’t to be. I don’t like the flavors of the variety pack: Vanilla, Strawberry, and peach. NO.

It’s gotta be Cherry, strawberry banana, and mixed berry. 

The one I got had cherry, strawberry, blueberry and peach, my wife eats the peach

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

Why? I don't understand some get stiff reactions others none  I had none all 3

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I just had some animal making a lot of noise crunching through the snow near the house. Can anyone ID these? Both images it was moving right to left. Those prints are pretty far apart so I assume all 4s were coming together in each print. The snow has thick crust. 
8A203CDC-BBD4-443E-BA17-05E7D658E316.jpeg

CD2C6B6B-9A56-45FE-88FD-574AE7F179A1.jpeg

Cottontail rabbit or snowshoe hair

• Like 1

My fever broke around 6am…heavy, heavy sweats. My arm is still sore and I have aches and a headache, but it’s nice to lose the chills.

I got a better look at those prints too. They continue out to the front of the yard and  look the same with the same spacing until it got 20ft from the road. I don’t think I’ll figure it out because of the crusty snow, but I’ll have to keep checking my cam loops to see what’s coming around. I snowblow a small section of my lawn for the birds and whatever it was was over there.

• Like 4

I was just shoveling the driveway and the sedan pulled in. I thought he was probably just turning around but it was actually a retiree delivering for UPS in his personal vehicle.

I chatted with him for a bit. He was contracted for October to January. Said he was getting $22 an hour plus $150 a week bonus if he worked 30 hours per week. He was also getting $.56 per mile for personal auto use.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that part time UPS drivers get paid more than EMTs around here.

edit:  i’m not envious of UPS holiday drivers pay scale I think it’s appropriate but a friend of ours son just became an EMT and his starting pay was only $17 per hour.  It’s funny to look at the pay scale of different jobs and our economy as a whole.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was just shoveling the driveway and the sedan pulled in. I thought he was probably just turning around but it was actually a retiree delivering for UPS in his personal vehicle.

I chatted with him for a bit. He was contracted for October to January. Said he was getting $22 an hour plus $150 a week bonus if he worked 30 hours per week. He was also getting $.56 per mile for personal auto use.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that part time UPS drivers get paid more than EMTs around here.

edit:  i’m not envious of UPS holiday drivers pay scale I think it’s appropriate but a friend of ours son just became an EMT and his starting pay was only $17 per hour.  It’s funny to look at the pay scale of different jobs and our economy as a whole.

The pay for EMTs and Paramedics is shockingly low given the cost of healthcare. My brother in law was an emt/paramedic until he parlayed that into becoming a firefighter and the pay was not good, and the hours as you can imagine, we’re terrible.

That sounds like a decent gig if you’re only in a small area. With gas at $3.50 a gallon though… not much leftover for wear and tear of your personal vehicle from that mileage reimbursement 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

I just had some animal making a lot of noise crunching through the snow near the house. Can anyone ID these? Both images it was moving right to left. Those prints are pretty far apart so I assume all 4s were coming together in each print. The snow has thick crust. 
8A203CDC-BBD4-443E-BA17-05E7D658E316.jpeg

CD2C6B6B-9A56-45FE-88FD-574AE7F179A1.jpeg

Not knowing the width of those tracks, I'd guess a fairly large deer at a fast trot.  Moose usually aren't as good at overlapping front hoof tracks with rear.

I’ll add that I am not able to take Tylenol due to interaction with my daily inhibitor, so I will normally take Advil if I have a fever.

I had the opposite after getting prescribed for Eliquis 4 years ago and advised to avoid ibuprofen, which has always worked well for me.  I find Tylenol to be little/no better than a sugar pill.

• Like 2