• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

All four of us positive during Christmas break. Wife mild symptoms. myself and kids asymptomatic. Our entire town is positive right now.  Wife and I vaxed. Kids not. None of us boosted.  This was our booster.  We've also had just about every variant there is.  My friend unvaxed 50 year old. Very mild symptoms.  He's also had all of the variants. 

2 days after my negative test got a sinus infection I'm dealing with now.  Way worse than covid. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, amarshall said:

All four of us positive during Christmas break. Wife mild symptoms. myself and kids asymptomatic. Our entire town is positive right now.  Wife and I vaxed. Kids not. None of us boosted.  This was our booster.  We've also had just about every variant there is.  My friend unvaxed 50 year old. Very mild symptoms.  He's also had all of the variants. 

2 days after my negative test got a sinus infection I'm dealing with now.  Way worse than covid. 

Consider yourselves lucky. I know 3 people who passed away from covid. Not one was elderly. I know at least 5 who have long hauler covid. One person avid runner had a mild case. Went to run when she was all better collapsed. She has covid heart. She regularly saw a cardiologist before due to a murmur so they know it was caused by covid.    One who is still on oxygen at home several times a day. Huh I work wirh has had covid 3 times before this new variant and hospitalized twice. It’s really crazy how it varies. 

Just now, Spaizzo said:

Consider yourselves lucky. I know 3 people who passed away from covid. Not one was elderly. I know at least 5 who have long hauler covid. One person avid runner had a mild case. Went to run when she was all better collapsed. She has covid heart. She regularly saw a cardiologist before due to a murmur so they know it was caused by covid.    One who is still on oxygen at home several times a day. Huh I work wirh has had covid 3 times before this new variant and hospitalized twice. It’s really crazy how it varies. 

Yup.  We had a colleague spend almost 2 weeks in the hospital from it.  No comorbidities and was not vaccinated.  It made a believer out of home after he got out and regrets not having been vaccinated.  I now know far too many people who have contracted this latest variant to varying degrees of illness.  

7 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

3 times? Sounds like they just never shook the virus. 

Yeah I could see the breathing thing. Feels like I can never get a full breath

3 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but can't believe the number of schools closed or on delay this AM. I think it's more of "we need one more vacation day".

I believe it. Almost a fifth of the faculty at the school where my mother teaches is out with COVID and subs are almost impossible to come by. They're pulling administrators to try to cover, but it's a real stretch. A lot of folks couldn't get test results back in time as well.

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Question for the car folks out there. If I trade in a car and have 10k in equity, does that all have to be applied to a new car? 

for example, can I put 8k down and the dealer cuts me a check for the remaining 2?

You can make whatever kind of deal to which you can get the dealer to agree. I have done all sorts of weird deals over the years. Probably harder now with the car shortage though; dealers have the power at the moment.

If you tell the dealer this is your plan, they may try to screw you by lowering their offer 2k.

I would either tell the dealer you don't plan to put anything down from the trade (have them just cut you the 10k check) and then just spring it on them later, or sell the car to another party first.

23 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You can make whatever kind of deal to which you can get the dealer to agree. I have done all sorts of weird deals over the years. Probably harder now with the car shortage though; dealers have the power at the moment.

If you tell the dealer this is your plan, they may try to screw you by lowering their offer 2k.

I would either tell the dealer you don't plan to put anything down from the trade (have them just cut you the 10k check) and then just spring it on them later, or sell the car to another party first.

I actually just shopped it around to carvana and Carmax. Carmax quotes me a pretty good deal. I may just take it there, sell it to them, and go to a dealer later.

Im guessing Carmax handles paying off the rest of the existing loan and cuts you a check for the rest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Question for the car folks out there. If I trade in a car and have 10k in equity, does that all have to be applied to a new car? 

for example, can I put 8k down and the dealer cuts me a check for the remaining 2?

Don't trade it in with the dealer!  Sell it-they're bringing top dollar and make your best deal with cash in your hand.

• Like 3

FREDRICKSBURG, Va. -- Drivers have been stuck in their vehicles on I-95 in Fredericksburg for over 10 hours due to traffic problems caused by winter weather on Monday — some even having to spend the night in their cars.

Around 8:30 p.m. on Monday, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) said the backup was caused by a combination of downed trees and disabled vehicles.

As of 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, vehicles are still at a standstill in a 50-mile stretch of the interstate.

Screenshot_20220104-061926_Maps.jpg

35 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I do have a car in mind…. Im not sure why I’d have to pay more than they have it listed for though?

You'd be surprised.  My boss was looking at a new Ford truck and they were going to tack on a $5k fee above the sticker because they said that's what the market is demanding now and dealer stock is so limited everywhere.  This was at Jack Madden.

35 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You'd be surprised.  My boss was looking at a new Ford truck and they were going to tack on a $5k fee above the sticker because they said that's what the market is demanding now and dealer stock is so limited everywhere.  This was at Jack Madden.

With Ford trucks that's typical right now. Cars are different depending on the make/dealer. We just bought a new car and paid sticker, tried to get them down and they said no dice. The good news if we got a good price on the existing car so it all evens out.

Just now, Brewbeer said:

Blew the engine in my Accord a couple of months back.  Car prices are so wacked right now that I opted to replace the engine, instead of the car.   

Dare I ask how much that ran you?  I had to replace my engine way back on my '-02 Subaru Outback after head gasket blew.  Cost like $4,500 to replace.