• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

So yeah…like a dimwit I went back out and shoveled the entire driveway and chicken area this afternoon. I was sweating like a mofo at first and I never really sweat…even in the summer. I came inside tired as hell and noticed my throat was killing me. Fast forward to now and this is the worst sore throat I’ve ever experienced and the nasal congestion is right up there with it. So I’m struggling tonight to swallow and breathe out of my nose. No I didn’t get tested yet, but I looked up the free places and none were available. So I’ll probably be at urgent care at some point tomorrow. This throat pain is no joke. Gah.

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So yeah…like a dimwit I went back out and shoveled the entire driveway and chicken area this afternoon. I was sweating like a mofo at first and I never really sweat…even in the summer. I came inside tired as hell and noticed my throat was killing me. Fast forward to now and this is the worst sore throat I’ve ever experienced and the nasal congestion is right up there with it. So I’m struggling tonight to swallow and breathe out of my nose. No I didn’t get tested yet, but I looked up the free places and none were available. So I’ll probably be at urgent care at some point tomorrow. This throat pain is no joke. Gah.

Man, I’m sorry. That sucks. Hope you start feeling better soon. 

• Like 1

Wow that sucks man.  Always hard to tell but that sore throat seems to be the hallmark of omicron.  As with any covid have someone get you an oximeter!!  If breathing gets tough and the o2 is below 90 on all fingers, seek help pls.  I had covid before the vaxx was available and what I learned is it's really the o2 that counts.   Some fingers might have better circulation than others so it's important to test them all for an average.  You just dont want to get the pneumonia that thrives in that low oxygen environment.  I had access to a cpap that helped me immensely.  But I know from er friends that oxygen saturation in the blood is everything in their triage.  Dropping below 90 on multiple extremities is when you seek help.   

• Like 2

My dad has had these symptoms for a month. He’s taken 4 at home tests that my sister got from SNHU and he was negative on all of them. My niece came down with symptoms when I did. She tested negative on the at-home test. She went into the dr and tested positive there. So I think my mom and dad had it a few weeks ago despite negative tests. 

Anyway, I slept well, but my whole throat, wind pipe, very upper resp tract is wrecked…so irritated and painful. I’d feel decent today if it wasn’t for the throat. I’m trying to pump some dews into the house now to ease the irritation. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My dad has had these symptoms for a month. He’s taken 4 at home tests that my sister got from SNHU and he was negative on all of them. My niece came down with symptoms when I did. She tested negative on the at-home test. She went into the dr and tested positive there. So I think my mom and dad had it a few weeks ago despite negative tests. 

Anyway, I slept well, but my whole throat, wind pipe, very upper resp tract is wrecked…so irritated and painful. I’d feel decent today if it wasn’t for the throat. I’m trying to pump some dews into the house now to ease the irritation. 

The throat is where omicron sets in. You likely have it. Just rest, monitor your symptoms, and avoid others for a while longer. 

I have a heathy neighbor (early 50s) who was vaxxed that just passed away last week due to COVID.  It’s still a don’t just shrug it off virus. 

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Uhg.  Highly inflamed sore throats are the worst!  It's thankfully been a while for me but when it happens I do lots of saline gargles and tea with raw honey or even a hot toddy.   Also, sterilize your toothbrush after every use.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Uhg.  Highly inflamed sore throats are the worst!  It's thankfully been a while for me but when it happens I do lots of saline gargles and tea with raw honey or even a hot toddy.   Also, sterilize your toothbrush after every use.

I did some warm saline gargles last night which temporarily helped. It’s really weird trying to drink plain old cold water and having it burn going down. I’m living on halls with menthol right now. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel though. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Buy a home test at CVS    

Lol.  Good luck finding home tests anywhere.  No tests to be had anywhere around here and Amazon is out like 2 weeks last I checked with shipments on them.  Bookings for PCR tests are 2 weeks out.  Our daughter had to travel to school yesterday just to get tested since nothing was available and the school implemented a policy last week of a negative PCR test within 72hrs of returning to school.  Luckily they were doing them and the results came back in less than a day.  They are also going to twice weekly mandatory testing even though all staff/students are required to be vaccinated and boostered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I did some warm saline gargles last night which temporarily helped. It’s really weird trying to drink plain old cold water and having it burn going down. I’m living on halls with menthol right now. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel though. 

When I get a sore throat I gargle with warm water with peroxide, usually works very well.

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lol.  Good luck finding home tests anywhere.  No tests to be had anywhere around here and Amazon is out like 2 weeks last I checked with shipments on them.  Bookings for PCR tests are 2 weeks out.  Our daughter had to travel to school yesterday just to get tested since nothing was available and the school implemented a policy last week of a negative PCR test within 72hrs of returning to school.  Luckily they were doing them and the results came back in less than a day.  They are also going to twice weekly mandatory testing even though all staff/students are required to be vaccinated and boostered.

Some CVS and Walgreens have had em out here.  We have bought some    Regarding school out son needs one before returning in a couple of weeks and then they are testing either weekly or twice a week.  Boosters are required by some date.  Our son has been boosted for a while

This week at work will be interesting.  Lots of kids will be out plus staff.   Got to keep it (in person/normalish) going as long as possible.  

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

ask Kevin what trick he uses to get BDL dews in the summer

16 hours ago, dendrite said:

I hate sweat. I work outdoors and right now that entails lots of layers, I’m thin and tall. Anyway I sweat a bunch when I exert myself. Then my inner layers get wet and I end up finishing my day with mild hypothermia and it takes 3 hours to warm up at home.

25 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Same, except for people boosted. My neighbor down the street who passed was doubly vaxxed, not boosted. 

He died from omicron?  That doesn’t make a lot of sense unless he either had mega issues or got admitted for something else and incidentally had covid.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Really blows!  Get a home test!   You probably have the garden variety flu.

Think I’m going in tomorrow. Back up to 101°. I’ve had enough of this. At least today was better than yesterday. I don’t think it’s the flu. I have bad pain in my bronchioles when I cough. The up and down fever kinda screams covid. I don’t think it’s deep into my lungs yet, but I don’t want to risk it. Anyway, gonna take something to bring the fever down and let me sleep. 

• Sad 3