Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Think I’m going in tomorrow. Back up to 101°. I’ve had enough of this. At least today was better than yesterday. I don’t think it’s the flu. I have bad pain in my bronchioles when I cough. The up and down fever kinda screams covid. I don’t think it’s deep into my lungs yet, but I don’t want to risk it. Anyway, gonna take something to bring the fever down and let me sleep. 

Hope you start feeling better. Hope no pneumonia.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hope you start feeling better. Hope no pneumonia.

I can take good, slow, deep breaths without sensing any issues in my lungs. My voice has been affected too so maybe it’s more larynx, throat, trachea? There’s definitely light pain in beneath my sternum area too. Whatev…it’ll eventually go away. Hopefully… :lol: :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I can take good, slow, deep breaths without sensing any issues in my lungs. My voice has been affected too so maybe it’s more larynx, throat, trachea? There’s definitely light pain in beneath my sternum area too. Whatev…it’ll eventually go away. Hopefully… :lol: :unsure:

Yeah, that's good. Definitely not taking comfortable and slow deep breaths with viral pneumonia. LOL

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good luck Bryan.  Do you have a pulse oximeter in the house?   Very easy to use and find.  If your numbers are normal (95%+) you can at least feel less anxious.  Make sure it’s a good one though.  I got one that was way off.  Got me a good one after that.  Ask help from the pharmacist or someone that knows.  Amazon is good but it will take days to get.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Good luck Bryan.  Do you have a pulse oximeter in the house?   Very easy to use and find.  If your numbers are normal (95%+) you can at least feel less anxious.  Make sure it’s a good one though.  I got one that was way off.  Got me a good one after that.  Ask help from the pharmacist or someone that knows.  Amazon is good but it will take days to get.

I may get one and give it to my dad afterward. He’s still struggling a bit. I was researching them the other day when Phin mentioned them. Can you recommend one? I have Rite Aid and CVS about a mile away.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I may get one and give it to my dad afterward. He’s still struggling a bit. I was researching them the other day when Phin mentioned them. Can you recommend one? I have Rite Aid and CVS about a mile away.

Pretty standard ones at CVS work. Sore throat, gargle with warm to hot water with lots of salt. Also Hot Toddys!!

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Don’t get the one on cvs for athletes.  Otherwise I think most work about the same.   Sorry Brian-went off line for a few hours.

Tip style

As fed cuts back on its future money printing the tide is going out in Nasdaq and especially crypto (Bitcoin)

BTC looks like it is teetering like Wylie coyote this am at 40,500 support (last support for bull run dating back 2 years) it will have some fits and starts but if that level is retested multiple times it will give way 

If Nasdaq stays pressured and it should as long as fed keeps dreaming about raising rates and normalizing monetary policy next year ..the market will front run that idea until bitcoin finds itself lower than most Imagine . 

The good news is this should create a buying opportunity in crypto later and stocks (if they actually fall ) because no central bank has normalized monetary policy (like the fed is pretending they will do later this year ) after the hall mark red flags of a fragile monetary system commence for years (Which of course is the monumental debt monetization of the last years) . Once a monetary system goes down the path of buying their own debt (debt monetization) its all over for normalizing the policy and not being dependent on kicking the can with continuous bubbles

These bubbles are noted for having historically  stretchEd income to price ratios for homes and price to earnings multiples for stocks ...because if those bubbles aren’t reflated ..The system dies . That is elephant in room that won’t be said on TV so there isn’t a confidence run .

Educated media Economic personalities know and understand the long history of monetary systems Going back couple thousand years and their inherent fragility as the bodies of past systems are buried in history books , they know how political power has shifted as we’ve seen the rise and fall of the empires that had and (fought to keep the reserve currency’s ) Dutch , British , now American and how the clear signs of their failing Mark a countdown to a large scale change and period of unparalleled uncertainty.

Deep rooted economic and social upheaval (usually with the populations attention redirected at outside enemies in various ways ) . in the past these resulted in power changing hands from one to the next , in our current civilized times Where the influential class span the world ..their maybe a mutually beneficial and more sustainable transition to a More equitable multi country “fair” transition .

This maybe years away if the global central banks (almost all in the G7 nations ) who have engaged in monetizing the debt Are able to keep blowing asset bubbles without letting interest rates rise (no coincidence that almost all of Europe govt debt has negative interest rates ) so they stay afloat a little longer . The open secret that can’t be spoken on media , is that Not only is this as healthy and sustainable as daily heart attacks , there will have to be a way to refocus the worlds (populations attention) on anything , any future black swan , that keeps them from blaming those in charge when the system finally resets . (Could be a decade could be the next crisis) but the only way it’s many years is if continual successful bubbles reflate asset values , using anything possible to make this politically palatable and that would mean any 20-25% pullback in stocks will be met with central banks reversing their most recent attempt at slowing money printing which is shaking markets 

back to snow

* oh and at some point in perpetual asset price reflations, Usually near the end market participants noticeably have a decreased confidence in paper promises (stocks , bonds ,) and clearly favor hard tangible assets that will reprice upwards if the country’s (fiat currency loses confidence)and the visible reflection of weakened confidence is a bond market that enters a bear market not induced by fed raising rates but investors demanding higher rates for holding currency risk . These things have happened in many Latin American counties over past decades .

• Like 1

If anyone is really really bored, feel free to check out my Twitch stream for a WS4000 simulator I setup, for fun and nostalgia...

https://www.twitch.tv/riretrowx

Just the Providence, RI forecast on loop with sappy 80's/90's instrumental music.  I played around with it last year, decided to get it going again.  For those that don't already know, the WS4000 was the device that cable companies used at their "head-ends" to inject the Local Forecast into their Weather Channel feeds.  The theme being used is circa 1991.  Enjoy! :weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Like 3

Dolphins fire their best coach since Shula.  As a fan of the team, I told my friends this would happen months ago.  Why?  Because it's the dumbest move they can make as a franchise.  Reports are he wasn't getting along with the GM and Tua.  So cut the GM and Tua.  Grier's roster moves haven't won any playoff games, ever.  Tua is injury prone.  Funny how Tannehill is manning the #1 seed in the AFC right now and won their division for the 2nd year in a row.  Guy took a beating in Miami becasue he had no protection and yet he played pretty much every game and put up top 12 numbers in most categories.  Think a new HC is going to keep DC Josh Boyer? Doubtful.  So there goes the only real strength of the team, because Flores knew how to scheme like Belichick and Boyer coached them up on it.  It's getting close to being the last straw for me with this team at this point.  I don't care if they bring in Harbaugh and Deshaun Watson.  It won't help.

• Like 4

Very easily could see BTC at 20-30K in a month . In fact it’s likely unless fed reverses current vocal course of market tightening faster than I think they will .

Crypto is a tiny market by Market cap . Goes up faster than stocks , goes down faster . Trend is crystal clear down and the crypto crowd has very little technical knowledge compared to stock traders , they hold on to hopium and consider bearish charts “Fud” . Most who have done very well seem to have just “believed” in the asset and timed its ascent well with central bank printing . Now the tide is going out as markets front run federal reserve clear message of reversing the printing . (They can’t but they will act like they can and market will front run this act until they see enough pain in stocks (they could care less about crypto)?

12 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

Dolphins fire their best coach since Shula.  As a fan of the team, I told my friends this would happen months ago.  Why?  Because it's the dumbest move they can make as a franchise.  Reports are he wasn't getting along with the GM and Tua.  So cut the GM and Tua.  Grier's roster moves haven't won any playoff games, ever.  Tua is injury prone.  Funny how Tannehill is manning the #1 seed in the AFC right now and won their division for the 2nd year in a row.  Guy took a beating in Miami becasue he had no protection and yet he played pretty much every game and put up top 12 numbers in most categories.  Think a new HC is going to keep DC Josh Boyer? Doubtful.  So there goes the only real strength of the team, because Flores knew how to scheme like Belichick and Boyer coached them up on it.  It's getting close to being the last straw for me with this team at this point.  I don't care if they bring in Harbaugh and Deshaun Watson.  It won't help.

Flores was a good coach.  Dumb move

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

It was a stupid decision. I’ve been a fan since I was 4 years old. This type of stupidity pushes me towards just walking away. So frustrating and short sighted. I don’t think Tua is a star QB and think they need to look elsewhere. Ugh

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It was a stupid decision. I’ve been a fan since I was 4 years old. This type of stupidity pushes me towards just walking away. So frustrating and short sighted. I don’t think Tua is a star QB and think they need to look elsewhere. Ugh

You don't need a star QB to win, though.  Tannehill isn't a star.  He just has good pieces around him.  Give Tua a competent O-Line and a RB who can perform like Duke Johnson has in the last few games and he would be fine.  You can't just hope you land a Mahomes or Brady because you won't. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

You don't need a star QB to win, though.  Tannehill isn't a star.  He just has good pieces around him.  Give Tua a competent O-Line and a RB who can perform like Duke Johnson has in the last few games and he would be fine.  You can't just hope you land a Mahomes or Brady because you won't. 

True but I’m not sure Tua is even at Tannehill’s level. 

Looks like Covid peaked in this area or is right now. I wouldd anticipate a steady fall by weekend 

that raiders game was very interesting at the end on last drive of OT. You could see Raiders we’re content playing safe and running wether they got first down , fg range or wether they tied and both made the playoffs . Then La morons called a time out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if it is Covid related. Many schools have had their windows open for some ventilation. Can't do that tomorrow. 

I plan on having my 1 window at least partially open.  Some of these clients are stinky...  It has more to do with kids waiting at bus stops and riding on busses with windows open

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like Covid peaked in this area or is right now. I wouldd anticipate a steady fall by weekend 

that raiders game was very interesting at the end on last drive of OT. You could see Raiders we’re content playing safe and running wether they got first down , fg range or wether they tied and both made the playoffs . Then La morons called a time out 

Pretty much as forecast.  Watch the MWRA poop numbers... that is the best way to view how widespread it is in those communities.  Not everyone tests... everyone poops

• Like 1