Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Recent timeline of snowblower related events:

• My dads truck got stuck at the bottom of the driveway while plowing after the 12/17/21 superblizzard.
  • I fired up the snowblower and went down to rescue.
  • Snowblower promptly stalled when pushed into the snow too fast.
  • Angrily used pull cord to restart. Cord broke.
  • Angrily pulled every muscle in my body trying to drag it back up the hill.
  • Used the electric start for the rest of the winter.
  • Discovered when pulling the snowblower out of storage last October for a test run that the electric start stopped working.
  • Spent days trying to fix it and failed, so I
  • Angrily replaced the pull cord.
  • Tried to use the pull cord today but it's almost impossible to pull. Cold and stiff. I'm screwed.
  • Angrily tried the electric start in a fit of desperation and it worked as if nothing was ever wrong.
  • Cheerfully snowblowed todays 4 inches.
  • Suggestions on battery powered snowblowers please.

Take it to a repair shop . Spend the money . And then blow snow happy 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Nope. Gonna take something to bring the fever and headache down. 

Breathe right nasal strips have been a savior.

Just something to watch. I don't mean to sound like your mom, just the chest pain thing triggered me since I have had viral pneumonia before and that is a sign. Sometimes worth keeping an eye on the O2 levels. If you don't have shortness of breath probably nothing to worry about. I am just triggered by pneumonia symptoms. PTSD. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Some coughing and chest pain now…fever back up to 101. I assume this is COVID. Sucks.

Sounds too severe to be COVID if you are vaxxed.  I had a 102-103F fever for 2-3 days about 10 days ago, coughing, head cold, etc.  Multiple tests negative for COVID.  Several others at the ski area had same thing, fever, chills, long lasting cough (I still have it 10 days later) and negative COVID.

Doctor even said it was definitely more severe symptoms than vaxxed and boosted patients he had.  He explained vaxxed and boosted patients around here were seeing slight sore throats or even stuff that you would’ve never paid attention to in the past.

Speculated that the high fever was the actual flu as many of us forgot to get that vaccine this year, ha.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds too severe to be COVID if you are vaxxed.  I had a 102-103F fever for 2-3 days about 10 days ago, coughing, head cold, etc.  Multiple tests negative for COVID.  Several others at the ski area had same thing, fever, chills, long lasting cough (I still have it 10 days later) and negative COVID.

Doctor even said it was definitely more severe symptoms than vaxxed and boosted patients he had.  He explained vaxxed and boosted patients around here were seeing slight sore throats or even stuff that you would’ve never paid attention to in the past.

Speculated that the high fever was the actual flu as many of us forgot to get that vaccine this year, ha.

There is a bad flu around.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

There is a bad flu around.

Yeah and I also wonder about a large number of people who have not being sick in the least since like 2020 might play into it.  Longest period of my life with zero illness at all during the hyper mask, sanitation, low human density times.  Interesting retrospective on that health aspect… maybe just a solid head cold could do a number if the body hasn’t fought one in a couple years?

Who knows but that rocked me for several days. I still feel it, lingering cough and sinus effects.

Hope Dendy sees some improvement in the next couple days.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

ya I dont know about that this girl I know was vaxxed and boosted was on a vent for 22 days she just got off it 3 days ago and her Facebook says she has a long recovery.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah and I also wonder about a large number of people who have not being sick in the least since like 2020 might play into it.  Longest period of my life with zero illness at all during the hyper mask, sanitation, low human density times.  Interesting retrospective on that health aspect… maybe just a solid head cold could do a number if the body hasn’t fought one in a couple years?

Who knows but that rocked me for several days. I still feel it, lingering cough and sinus effects.

Yep agreed.

People are also getting twisted up with the tests. The rapid tests give a decent number of false negatives. If you read the fine print on the rapid tests, they essentially say if you get a negative go get a PCR test. LOL

Many people with COVID who tested negative on the quick nose swab test running around out there.

I have had viral pneumonia and it sucked majorly so I am telling everyone who has similar symptoms to check various things. Not trying to be a nag, but there are some nasty viruses out there that can cause pneumonia which can be dealt with if you listen to the signs and go to the hospital when you need to do so.

• Like 2

In 2001, my dad got whooping cough. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. He would cough so hard that he would literally pass out. He was passing out daily. One night he went through our glass coffee table. I was in 5th grade and got it too. I would cough so hard and throw up. That may have been the worst summer for us. I don’t wish that on anyone. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

ya I dont know about that this girl I know was vaxxed and boosted was on a vent for 22 days she just got off it 3 days ago and her Facebook says she has a long recovery.. 

Yeah, a vent is a very long recovery. 

I was shocked with my viral pneumonia how weak I became after just 3 days in the hospital on the lowest level of O2 support (nose thing). Some of these viruses literally attack your whole body and spending 2 weeks in a bed overall atrophies your muscles a lot more than you'd think.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

For sure, plenty of risks going around.  Was merely speaking of the COVID going around here.  It’s everywhere from the holidays around these parts but knock on wood, luckily everyone I know with it recently has extremely mild symptoms.  Don’t mean to take away from the harsh reality of how it can affect someone.  Sorry for the projecting.

Just now, dendrite said:

Thanks for the concern everyone. Fever is back down again and I feel decent for the moment. Hopefully I can get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep tonight. I’d rather be talking about tblizz’s snowblower. 

There may be a video of me setting it on fire pretty soon if I can’t fix it. $1100 piece of crap

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thanks for the concern everyone. Fever is back down again and I feel decent for the moment. Hopefully I can get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep tonight. I’d rather be talking about tblizz’s snowblower. 

Glad to hear it. Just keep an eye on things and don't try to be a hero if it gets bad. Sounds like you are well-protected against a bad case with the booster. Keep us posted as you feel up to it.

Well I’ve been basically keeping a log of how I feel so I guess I’ll keep going. Slept decent overnight, but did wake up a couple times with major fever breaking sweats to the point I had to change my shirt. Woke up at 615 before my alarm with a bad sore throat and I was very cold…cold enough that I was concerned about my fever, but it was still down to 99. 2nd straight morning with a burning abdominal feeling while standing, but yesterday it went away quickly after frequent rests laying down. So we’ll see what the day brings. I could’ve gone for a warm stretch right now, but life sometimes likes to be grueling with bad timing so I guess bring on the arctic hound challenge. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well I’ve been basically keeping a log of how I feel so I guess I’ll keep going. Slept decent overnight, but did wake up a couple times with major fever breaking sweats to the point I had to change my shirt. Woke up at 615 before my alarm with a bad sore throat and I was very cold…cold enough that I was concerned about my fever, but it was still down to 99. 2nd straight morning with a burning abdominal feeling while standing, but yesterday it went away quickly after frequent rests laying down. So we’ll see what the day brings. I could’ve gone for a warm stretch right now, but life sometimes likes to be grueling with bad timing so I guess bring on the arctic hound challenge. 

Get well man but Where/how did you contract this? 

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man hope you feel better Brian. Put the wife to work lol.

Yeah she’s had her own issues the past year. Just gotta keep grinding and hope things get better. It’s been a tough 2 years for a lot of people. We’re probably lucky compared to most. 

• Sad 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah she’s had her own issues the past year. Just gotta keep grinding and hope things get better. It’s been a tough 2 years for a lot of people. We’re probably lucky compared to most. 

It certainly has. I’ve struggled at times with non physical stuff. It has not been easy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Clearly all the social distancing, masks, vaxx, etc work. We haven’t been sick since 2019 maybe and our kids haven’t either which is extremely rare. Daycare is generally a cesspool of various viruses where my daughter catches something and gifts it to us. That hasn’t happened. My son’s elementary school is all masked all the time with even stricter safety guidelines and he hasn’t even caught the sniffles. My wife and I not being stuffed in offices anymore with co-workers who are hacking and sneezing helps too. Yea, we’d like the pandemic to go away but I hope we become a little more conscious of sanitary measures moving forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There may be a video of me setting it on fire pretty soon if I can’t fix it. $1100 piece of crap

Just buy a whole new carb and put it in if you don't want to clean it.  Shops nowadays don't bother cleaning them either....too much time....they just replace them. 

Some easy things are spray carb cleaner in when it's running with the air filter off like the can says.....or put some sea foam in the gas and run it through and let it sit in there.  Did you turn the fuel shut off back and forth a few times? Maybe as simple as some gunk in there. How's the fuel filter?  Might not help but worth a shot anyway. A

And always add the blue sta-bil to every gas can you fill up, no matter how long it'll be sitting! And only use 93! 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I had just seen a story about night sweats being a symptom of omicron.

https://fortune.com/2022/01/03/omicron-infections-strange-symptom/amp/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Just buy a whole new carb and put it in if you don't want to clean it.  Shops nowadays don't bother cleaning them either....too much time....they just replace them. 

Some easy things are spray carb cleaner in when it's running with the air filter off like the can says.....or put some sea foam in the gas and run it through and let it sit in there.  Did you turn the fuel shut off back and forth a few times? Maybe as simple as some gunk in there. How's the fuel filter?  Might not help but worth a shot anyway. A

And always add the blue sta-bil to every gas can you fill up, no matter how long it'll be sitting! And only use 93! 

And use non-ethanol gas. Especially in small engines. That’s all I use in my lawn mower, snow blower and sleds. I’m luck as the gas station closest to me has it.  If I’m out on the sled and have to fill up at a place that doesn’t have I make sure to put non ethanol in as soon as I can afterward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1