Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm sure y'all have covered this ... as we did countless times in the 2,000 page super thread last year ...  but it won't becuase from cottage industry to 800 lb gorilla scales, the concept of COVID has become too industrialized. It's got a profit interest now... That's basically going to protract it - and there are enough toe-the-line population that will gladly enforce and set rules based for what has become incorporated. 

It is just as much endemic to our species, as it is genetic to global economy -   Oh it'll switch from COVID to just riding the germaphobia that it has triggered ...

Exactly....there are few industries with powerful people that want to protract this for profit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

On a brighter note- tell me what you see in the below?

If you guessed a StarLink satellite dish being rendered inoperable by stray cats (due to the heat generated on a comparatively cold day) you’re correct. Would have also accepted: a dream holiday snowpack.

Anyways this cracks me up for a variety of reasons.

03A48F23-8099-40F1-8566-154DB27EC75C.jpeg

That’s awesome. 

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I tried to get the Starlink beta here but was declined. Too far north, I guess?

From a grain marketer in Saskatchewan. I don’t know how it works eligibility wise…but I think it’s still in ‘beta’ so possible coverage areas are still limited?

edit: should try reading entire posts before responding

Back to covid......daughter lost the sore throat and fever and just now has a stuffed nose.   I was reading that omicron is less severe because it seems to be mainly upper pharynx sparing the lungs.   That kind of matches the experience of all of my recent relatives and friends who have had it over th e holidays.   Cautiously optimistic that this is the trend with variants going forward to keep viable hosts.   Hopefully when it hits largely unvaccinated areas it stays this way and we get some accurate reporting from mainstream soursces.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Back to covid......daughter lost the sore throat and fever and just now has a stuffed nose.   I was reading that omicron is less severe because it seems to be mainly upper pharynx sparing the lungs.   That kind of matches the experience of all of my recent relatives and friends who have had it over th e holidays.   Cautiously optimistic that this is the trend with variants going forward to keep viable hosts.   Hopefully when it hits largely unvaccinated areas it stays this way and we get some accurate reporting from mainstream soursces.

I know 3 people in the ICU right now.   Aged 50-55. All three unvaccinated.  I know of many who are positive with mild symptoms. All vaccinated. Omicron still means business if you’re unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I know 3 people in the ICU right now.   Aged 50-55. All three unvaccinated.  I know of many who are positive with mild symptoms. All vaccinated. Omicron still means business if you’re unvaccinated. 

I just tested positive, luckily I'm vaxxed. Feels like the flu but more shortness of breath feeling.