Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

21 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

If we're seeing this kind of warmth today imagine 5-10 years from now.

It'll be Septemberlike in November.

I have lived on the CT shoreline for 40 years. Every year it gets warmer and warmer. I don't think people realize how insanely warm its been here the last decade. 

Cactus are flowering here...

20211031-122824.jpg

23 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im settling in to FanDuel , DK and yahoo.. making some final touches to the DFS lineups for cash. I’m surprised nobody on here plays those sites

I do. But they just seem to always take my money and never send any back.

19 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn’t mind a Stein weekend for once. Could use it.

Yep. Have about 40 bags of wet leaves to fill.

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

I have lived on the CT shoreline for 40 years. Every year it gets warmer and warmer. I don't think people realize how insanely warm its been here the last decade. 

Cactus are flowering here...

20211031-122824.jpg

They don't and I love getting all those weenies for posting the truth. 

Btw get ready for more 60s and 70s 2nd & 3rd week of November. 

• Weenie 1

If this were a Sci Fi arc for a climate dystopian novel, this last three ... five years of aberrant foliage coloration behavior could have been a canary in the proverbial coal mine, perhaps a foreshadow in an early chapter. The discussion kept brief, a metaphor in its self for a readership, too readily enraptured by a world overshadowed by predatory birds and thus impatient.  How can anyone be bothered with any presumed, mere curious observational oddities - like smeared color seasons. Means nothing, right?  - if there is any bandwidth to see them at all.

We've all experienced these weirdness of autumn's over the last decade in particular, though; those of us ... you know, 'dialed in'.  Something's just seemed off, year to year, with the trees. And if those were but subtle chirps, this year is more like the screech. 

Meandering muse: We all know how time and life,  as the adage goes, go by in the blink of an eye. Our ability bear awareness of either time, or the integration of it called life, slip through our grasps, almost in tandem with our of weakening grips as we get ever older, too ( personally ...I think that is a remarkable adaptation by evolution, because as sentience became so acute in our species, the needful ability to let go of a piece of shit life would become absolutely necessary, in order to ensure lives still live long enough to be wiser elders of tribes..etc) 

But this last 20 years?  ...particularly 10, transcends even that normalcy.  It has become extreme, because the world has become such a vastly different distractive force. One wonders if it really transcends what it was like for our parents, or our parent's parent's. For throughout the gestation of their lives, they were not so immersed in a mise en science of intersecting urgencies as though caught up in a Borne Trilogy fight scene happening all the damn time, like we are now - metaphorically speaking...   They never had time stolen from them, quite like we do.   Don't wanna get into a generational penis length dispute over the nobility of triumph - you didn't have the Internet bringing the aromatic odor of humanity's skid marked laundry upon you face so fast that you cannot even process the smells.  You didn't.  Stop.

And while the din of all carries on ... the last 20 years of silent signals repeatedly began to chirp, only audible to those dialed-in to change.

Maybe it was that particular tree over there; it always changed at the same time, the color scheme flushing over in the same way, dependable.. "Wasn't it earlier last year?"  We don't tend to write down dates of peaks - few really do that; certainly not since 2020!  But then there's the colorization, too. "Huh. I don't remember that being yellow -that weird. Hm"  Not a moment too soon, forgotten. Maybe the next year, it came back, but was duller, while the entire glade that's down the street, it's late and altered.

Presently, trees and foliage et al linger into November, some nearly 70 .. 80% or 90% in leaf.  Unhealthy leaf.  Some are fall without having changed color very much all, falling in an amalgam of brown and ailing green - that is definitely different to prior years.   Basically, the established multi-generational experiences in timing and color distributions, began to vary ... at first insidiously years ago, now suddenly this year so coherently?

Is it a sign that a threshold was being crossed?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

They don't and I love getting all those weenies for posting the truth. 

Btw get ready for more 60s and 70s 2nd & 3rd week of November. 

Bring the 60’s nothing wrong with any of that.    When it’s time..winter will arrive just as it has for millennia.   And just as it will for another millennium.  Don’t you worry your lil brain about any of it.