Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

9 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Good luck. As hippy valley said earlier. If the rest of the car is in good shape it might be worth replacing engine if thats the problem. 

I don’t think I would replace engine . Average replacement for Kia Optima is 5k and I owe 5K still , it also has 125K miles as I do 15-18k per year . 

I would likely just eat the payments over the next two years as they are low (240$) and lease something for 3 years that is dependable , bc I think I could do a new lease for 300 -350 month and then I could swing the double monthly payments for a bit . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I don’t think I would replace engine . Average replacement for Kia Optima is 5k and I owe 5K still , it also has 125K miles as I do 15-18k per year . 

I would likely just eat the payments over the next two years as they are low (240$) and lease something for 3 years that is dependable , bc I think I could do a new lease for 300 -350 month and then I could swing the double monthly payments for a bit . 

Should still have some trade in value, not much if engine is seized but maybe you got lucky and it's something less severe, think positive.

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Should still have some trade in value, not much if engine is seized but maybe you got lucky and it's something less severe, think positive.

If it’s less severe then a seized engine .. I’m getting it fixed 

Otherwise maybe we set it ablaze and offer a sacrifice to the Merrimack River ...maybe in exchange for a KU

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Oil light had been off and on for over a week.

The car won’t turn over , engine won’t make a peep. No power to Engine . No noise , no clicks .

Car electricity will turn on , radio, lights, ac. 

There was no shaking , stuttering , pinging or any noise prior to the car dying . I gave it more acceleration  than usual (But nothing wild ) when I left getting snacks at a store and two hundred yards later the car engine just stopped (quietly ) . At the time engine died the battery , oil and engine light lit up on dashboard then engine died )

But whyyyyy would you drive it like this? You ever check the oil?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, klw said:

Whoa is the board changing formatting as we watch?

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

woah this format looks like an elf turned on Santa after the elf was scolded for not producing enough toys  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

woah this format looks like an elf turned on Santa after the elf was scolded for not producing enough toys  

After almost a decade of regular posting on this board, I have apparently attained the rank of... "newbie".  Beers on me, dudes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Hum with this upgrade.  My feed now just fills up about 60% of my laptop's screen the right side is blank..

Just under an inch of rainfall with this storm

I have been watching the volcano eruption in Iceland.  It was very active last night.  Some lava vortexs.  I have never seen or heard of this phenomena.   Here is a You tube video showing one.

• Like 1

oh well, went ahead and ordered a new davis vp2. Timely, since in addition to humidity sensor taking a dump, looks like rain gauge stopped working as of today. Replaced the reed switch just last year. If anyone wants/needs an older VP2 without console, I'll happily donate if shipping is paid for. New temp/humidity sensor online would be $50. I can replace the reed switch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

oh well, went ahead and ordered a new davis vp2. Timely, since in addition to humidity sensor taking a dump, looks like rain gauge stopped working as of today. Replaced the reed switch just last year. If anyone wants/needs an older VP2 without console, I'll happily donate if shipping is paid for. New temp/humidity sensor online would be $50. I can replace the reed switch.

It had been so dry, it couldn't handle any moisture.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

After almost a decade of regular posting on this board, I have apparently attained the rank of... "newbie".  Beers on me, dudes!

Got my one-year badge about an hour ago (joined in 2010) and "Posting Machine" just now for 500+ posts (currently a bit over 11k).  Playing awards catch-up?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Hum with this upgrade.  My feed now just fills up about 60% of my laptop's screen the right side is blank..

Just under an inch of rainfall with this storm

I have been watching the volcano eruption in Iceland.  It was very active last night.  Some lava vortexs.  I have never seen or heard of this phenomena.   Here is a You tube video showing one.

I've been watching his videos for a couple of months now.  Can\t wait to see it live