Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

It sucks for dogs. 
The fireworks store in NH that I go to has an entire aisle of quiet fireworks.  

Was wondering about that, fireworks can be just as stunning without the noise. Anyway it’s one day out of the year so I don’t care, but my neighbor has been going at it for 3 days. Making sure my dogs poop on his lawn tomorrow, oops no bags lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It sucks for dogs. 
The fireworks store in NH that I go to has an entire aisle of quiet fireworks.  

My wife stayed with the dog in the bathroom with a fan on.  She's hated it for all 6 years of her life.  Thinks its WWIII happening.

Just shaking and panting.  The vibrations and noise crush her.  Thunder doesn't bother her but the constant barrage of fireworks gets her extremely anxious, like a panic attack.

• Sad 2

My wife stayed with the dog in the bathroom with a fan on.  She's hated it for all 6 years of her life.  Thinks its WWIII happening.
Just shaking and panting.  The vibrations and noise crush her.  Thunder doesn't bother her but the constant barrage of fireworks gets her extremely anxious, like a panic attack.

I guess we have weak dogs

25 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Was wondering about that, fireworks can be just as stunning without the noise. Anyway it’s one day out of the year so I don’t care, but my neighbor has been going at it for 3 days. Making sure my dogs poop on his lawn tomorrow, oops no bags lol

Ya. It comes a point wer enoughs enough. 

We are lucky in that our dog is not bothered by thunder or fireworks.  She gets a lot of separation anxiety.  I’m fine with fireworks for one or two nights.  
Get them done before 10PM or so clean up yet mess and see you again next year.   
So “patriotic” to be blowing up Chinese made gunpowder stuff. Lol. (Although many are made here in the USA ) 

• Like 4

We have a routine for the dogs with 3 totally frightened. We give them a natural calming dose then close all the windows and turn on fans and crank up the surround sound. Neighborhood was quiter than last year, probably because of no more stimulus money.  Some good bangers off in the distance but pretty typical 4th. Fantastic day in Willimantic with friends pool to hot tub to pool day. Sunshine and 74 degrees felt great.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, PhineasC said:

LOL even the dogs today are weak. Where are the gun dogs of the past? A blast to those good boys meant time to fetch a duck.

:P
Co-worker in my NNJ days had a Gordon retriever that at first was excited when Bill touched off the shotgun.  Next July 4th he had friends over for a party and one lit a pack of 2" crackers and tossed it off the porch, not knowing the dog was sleeping underneath.  Next time Bill took Missy up into the field and fired the gun, it was panic speed all the way home - totally wrecked the dog for hunting.
My Lab mix hates thunder - was still quivering 45 minutes after the super close tree blaster near home last March.  The pops and bangs this weekend didn't seem to bother her, though most were distant.  Same for when someone emptied a few handgun clips Saturday in the logyard about 250 yards away.  

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Uh oh 

Screenshot_20210705-142715_Chrome.jpg

After doing some research that strain been around since Dec 2020. Its nothing we didnt know about already. 

Even the article someone posted about the Delta strain is misleading. Its all a headline grab.

• Like 1