• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

How dare one mentions weather concepts in a banter thread but ... I can see this whole thing starting to break down actually -

The closed gyre is filling and this can be seen by observing the various attributes of the sat loop.  The higher air motion is peeling off/tending to more E and taking the higher cloud RH with it. There is a slant-wise incursion of air flow now punching into the NW sectors of the total trough space, from western Ontario, and western NY and N NY are improving rather abruptly - I don't even know if that was modeled well? but those regions probably desolve out to partly cloud with plenty of sun splashing before mid afternoon ..probably as far E as the outer western region of the Capital District of eastern NY/Mohawk Trail.

Today's shot. But I suspect that tomorrow may have been overly pessimistic in the guidance.  Typically, with backside troughs, exiting GOM, we end up with enough NW drift to d-slope and models notoriously keep drizzle and murk ( snow showers in the winter version heh ) going too long when regions verify partly sunny.  Granted the wind is light in this case - kind of sucks ...you want more defined d-slow motion, but there is enough there. 

We'll see if the erosion from the NW mentioned above continues to en road in, and looking up stream that appears to be a bigger synoptic push ...so this thing may actually in total be too conserved in guidance by 6 or so hours...something just enough to save tomorrow afternoon ...

Who's with me!!  lol... no seriously I think tomorrow improves.   Not sure about others but we have Monday off in observance and ...hey.  Day off + 80 + less clouds and tepid dps ?   I'll take that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This weekend is exactly why I refuse to rent a house for a week on the Cape for the family summer beach vacation. Too much of a crap shoot. 

I rented last week and it was great. This is highly anomalous. Will be back on the cape in august when it will feel like Havana.

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This weekend is exactly why I refuse to rent a house for a week on the Cape for the family summer beach vacation. Too much of a crap shoot. 

Similar to a ski vacation in the east… or I guess anything where you are betting on New England weather.  The odds of getting one shit day in a week at both the beach/summer and mountains/winter is pretty good, but it takes a real ugly pattern to ruin 3-4 days.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Similar to a ski vacation in the east… or I guess anything where you are betting on New England weather.  The odds of getting one shit day in a week at both the beach/summer and mountains/winter is pretty good, but it takes a real ugly pattern to ruin 3-4 days.

Each major holiday including thanksgiving has been non-COC.

wow... Red Sox with 8-G win streak on-going .. I knew they won lately but I didn't realize it was that deep.

(Law of averages + west coast road trip) /2 = ...proobably a trip back to Earth here sooner rather than later but we'll see. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, radarman said:

I've been chased off the beach down south several times by incoming tropical waves.  Certainly no lock of good wx down there, particularly 2nd half of summer.  Folks might consider San Diego in Aug/Sept if weather is a primary concern.

San Diego is always great.

Ive been coming to ILM since 1996 from say June 25th through July 25th (the week or 10 days varies) and I’ve never had a bad week. Maybe a day here and there where it rained all day, but never a terrible washout. 

• Like 1

So I’ve done a bit more research over the last couple days to my options for health insurance for those 2 months before my new plan kicks in.

My wife is on some pretty expensive long term medication, so we are going to try to get those filled prior to me losing my current coverage, so she has enough to get to October 1st.

There are a few other hurdles to work through as well, as she has several appointments that we’ll need to see if she can either do without, or be seen in the next few weeks.

Does anyone here have any familiarity with masshealth? When I spoke further with the HR rep for the state, she directed me to the health connector to try to bridge the gap if I wanted. If I can get some sort of coverage for around what I pay now, I wouldn’t be opposed to going that route.

• Like 1

Another job related question for folks more experienced than me.

Ive accepted a new position like I said, and it all came together (or finished coming together) Friday, when I was off for the long weekend. I plan to return Tuesday, and give my notice.

Ive had a planned vacation for months and months, and have had the time off approved since I believe December.

Am I going to draw the ire of my employer when I give my notice on Tuesday that one of the two weeks of notice is going to be a vacation week? There really isn’t anything I can do at this point.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ive accepted a new position like I said, and it all came together (or finished coming together) Friday, when I was off for the long weekend. I plan to return Tuesday, and give my notice.

Ive had a planned vacation for months and months, and have had the time off approved since I believe December.

Am I going to draw the ire of my employer when I give my notice on Tuesday that one of the two weeks of notice is going to be a vacation week? There really isn’t anything I can do at this point.

Take the vacation as you planned.

Is there any “off-boarding” you’ll have to do at your job to help your employer bridge the gap before they can fill the position (I.e. train a coworker on tasks you only know how to do)? If so, prioritize doing those activities in your remaining days. If not, well, even less of a reason to worry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Take the vacation!  

5 hours ago, bch2014 said:

Take the vacation as you planned.

Is there any “off-boarding” you’ll have to do at your job to help your employer bridge the gap before they can fill the position (I.e. train a coworker on tasks you only know how to do)? If so, prioritize doing those activities in your remaining days. If not, well, even less of a reason to worry. 

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Take the vacation!  

Thanks folks. It’s unfortunate timing, but what can you do. Life doesn’t always work out with perfect timing for everything.

There really isn’t any transition for anyone I’ll need to train.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Still some patriots out here after all. So many illegal fireworks. People might be finished with the mommy government finally.

Ya i bought a pack fron a grocery store in RI. They all do the same. Sparkle on the ground...... Might need to go legit next year and safely.