Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Went to tj maxx today. They are still requiring masks for everyone, and had someone at the door reminding people.

I was surprised by that given what we have seen in a whole everywhere else we went this weekend.

I won’t be back until they drop that policy.

Isn’t personal choice and capitalism awesome? Things work a lot better when the government stays out of it. 

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Went to tj maxx today. They are still requiring masks for everyone, and had someone at the door reminding people.

I was surprised by that given what we have seen in a whole everywhere else we went this weekend.

I won’t be back until they drop that policy.

Haven’t been in a Tjmax in years. Won’t be going anytime soon either. 

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Isn’t personal choice and capitalism awesome? Things work a lot better when the government stays out of it. 

I have faith in many of the people on this board. Unfortunately the general public is too braindead to function without guidance imho. I feel like social media continues to prove that.

Sitting in the newsroom now. For some reason people are still wearing masks. I'm not. There was some concern raised about people complaining if they see us on camera. I say 'f that'.... It's legal now. Unless my boss yells at me for not wearing one, I'm not wearing one. He openly admitted he doesn't know what the policy is. So no mask it is for me.

43 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I have faith in many of the people on this board. Unfortunately the general public is too braindead to function without guidance imho. I feel like social media continues to prove that.

Sitting in the newsroom now. For some reason people are still wearing masks. I'm not. There was some concern raised about people complaining if they see us on camera. I say 'f that'.... It's legal now. Unless my boss yells at me for not wearing one, I'm not wearing one. He openly admitted he doesn't know what the policy is. So no mask it is for me.

Yeah, seems like some people are starting to admit at least part of the mask policies are based on “sending a message” and “respect” instead of any scientific or medical principle. Some people wear politically-charged red baseball caps even though they know it will be offensive, some people wear masks even when there is zero reason to do so. Humans are tribal like that. I am just glad we all have the choice now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, seems like some people are starting to admit at least part of the mask policies are based on “sending a message” and “respect” instead of any scientific or medical principle. Some people wear politically-charged red baseball caps even though they know it will be offensive, some people wear masks even when there is zero reason to do so. Humans are tribal like that. I am just glad we all have the choice now. 

I cannot grasp how stupid it is to wear a mask when vaccinated. I can understand up until May 29th. But now? If you're that concerned about the virus, why have you waited to be vaccinated.....? Like..Wtf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I cannot grasp how stupid it is to wear a mask when vaccinated. I can understand up until May 29th. But now? If you're that concerned about the virus, why have you waited to be vaccinated.....? Like..Wtf

I told you that it’s conditioning. This is a really great experiment in human nature, conditioning and group think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I told you that it’s conditioning. This is a really great experiment in human nature, conditioning and group think. 

I see this thing from both sides... 

Anti maskers were knocked for not believing in the virus. So maskers should be knocked if they don't believe in the vaccine imo.

Unless you have some kind of underlying health condition. I know some docs have suggested those people keep wearing them. 

• Like 1

Visiting my dad in Concord (MA) for first time since early April. Quick drive through the center and 50% of people are still masking outdoors here. 

Like night and day between here and Meredith (NH) where I was this weekend (no masks indoors or outdoors for most part). Slightly less extreme but still a stark contrast between here and my NYC zip code (maybe 10% outdoor masking there). 

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m curious how different things will look in a week, then a month.  Then two months.  
Some people might always wear them I guess.  
I would consider wearing them at work during the peak of flu season maybe.  But prob not.    I mentioned I might wear them mowing the lawn when pollen or dust are high. 
I am glad to be done with them personally 

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Also, DESE ( the Mass education board) announced they will not be required for middle school and high school students and staff.   They will make a decision for elementary students this summer.  

You should see the email spam i get daily from anti mask parents. It's obnoxious. Dozens and dozens of emails

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m curious how different things will look in a week, then a month.  Then two months.  
Some people might always wear them I guess.  
I would consider wearing them at work during the peak of flu season maybe.  But prob not.    I mentioned I might wear them mowing the lawn when pollen or dust are high. 
I am glad to be done with them personally 

I think you'll see a big difference in a couple weeks. I found myself standing on the social distancing line at the store today. Not that I was worried about anything, just that I was used to it.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I think you'll see a big difference in a couple weeks. I found myself standing on the social distancing line at the store today. Not that I was worried about anything, just that I was used to it.

Me too.  And honestly I like that.  Not for COVID... just personal space, ha.  This showed that there's enough room in a Home Depot checkout line that you don't need to be up my ass and I don't need to be up yours :lol:.  We can wait and enjoy personal space.... plus there are damn dots on the floor, as a human it's very hard not to wait on the dots... they queued it up for us.

Home Depot was probably 50% mask usage in Williston, VT... it seemed like a fair mixture of both.  BTV suburb but it was about what I would expect for this time frame in the process...transitional period.  It was actually the first time I had been in a big box store since the changes, and not wearing a mask was refreshing.  Brought it with me though, as I wasn't sure of the policies.  I then had to remind myself to stop being so damn nice to people, as whenever I saw or needed to pass an employee or customer with a mask on I wanted to put one on out of respect.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Me too.  And honestly I like that.  Not for COVID... just personal space, ha.  This showed that there's enough room in a Home Depot checkout line that you don't need to be up my ass and I don't need to be up yours :lol:.  We can wait and enjoy personal space.... plus there are damn dots on the floor, as a human it's very hard not to wait on the dots... they queued it up for us.

Home Depot was probably 50% mask usage in Williston, VT... it seemed like a fair mixture of both.  BTV suburb but it was about what I would expect for this time frame in the process...transitional period.  It was actually the first time I had been in a big box store since the changes, and not wearing a mask was refreshing.  Brought it with me though, as I wasn't sure of the policies.  I then had to remind myself to stop being so damn nice to people, as whenever I saw or needed to pass an employee or customer with a mask on I wanted to put one on out of respect.

I went to HD in West Leb, NH yesterday and was surprised that there was something like 80%-90% mask wearing. BJ’s still has signs up asking everyone to wear masks. 

• Like 1

Just now, mreaves said:

I went to HD in West Leb, NH yesterday and was surprised that there was something like 80%-90% mask wearing. BJ’s still has signs up asking everyone to wear masks. 

Marshall’s was still requiring masks next to Home Depot.  Wife loves that hit or miss stuff for cheap in there... I listened to the Red Sox lose handily on the radio and hung out at the car with the dog.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mreaves said:

LEB still has a town mask mandate up. Concord's ends tomorrow.

https://www.nhpr.org/post/covid-map-which-new-hampshire-towns-require-masks#stream/0

Was in WFoods Bedford , Ma and I walked in with Mask and saw about 4 or 5 customers without masks... to my surprise And delight . 

Will be interesting doing the P.M shift at my women’s small group personal training Place what the ladies decide since it’s optional . Saturday saw 75% take em off. I am suppose to wear one for another  month bc it “looks good “ ha. This is in Lexington. 

Try working out very hard with a mask , you can become used to it , especially with moderate weights but not with hardcore workouts 

I was past the 2-week point on my 2nd dose as of Friday but I still wore a mask when I went into the store yesterday.  I know I didn't need it on.  But we have two small kids at home that won't be getting vaxxed any time soon.  Are my kids going to be "fine" if they get Covid,?  Probably.  Am I likely to spread it to them now that I'm vaxxed?  Most likely not.  Nothing is ever certain.  Personally, I don't find the masks anymore bothersome than socks when shopping.  My kids wear them 6 hours a day at school every day and they don't complain and they haven't been sick since before the pandemic. My poor 5 year old hasn't been sick since her "brain dump" at age 3, and she doesn't even remember what it's like.  Do you know how many times they came home with the cold or flu or stomach bug before the pandemic?  Probably every other month.  So it's not so much "conditioning" for me as knowing that wearing a mask works and it's hard to just rip off the bandaid and jump back in the pool all at once.  I would continue to wear a mask in stores if it meant never having to deal with any virus again, but that would also mean my kids having to wear a mask at school, and never going into a restaurant or entertainment venue without a mask.  At some point we'll start doing those things again, but I'm not chomping at the bit to do them, as there are plenty of outdoor options now that the weather is nicer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Was in WFoods Bedford , Ma and I walked in with Mask and saw about 4 or 5 customers without masks... to my surprise And delight . 

Will be interesting doing the P.M shift at my women’s small group personal training Place what the ladies decide since it’s optional . Saturday saw 75% take em off. I am suppose to wear one for another  month bc it “looks good “ ha. This is in Lexington. 

Try working out very hard with a mask , you can become used to it , especially with moderate weights but not with hardcore workouts 

When the milfs take it off around you, you put it on...to be safe and kidless. 

• Weenie 1

You just keep your clean mask folded in a quick access pocket. If you walk into a joint, and obvious social cues flag needing to conform, if not ease in by 'virtue signaling,' why get into a row over it?   Just don the f'n thing.  It'll motivate you to conduct business and flee. Which is intrinsically better that way, anyway, because less packing people anywhere is obviously consistent with distancing.

Which many of these measures, designed to slow the spread - not necessarily stop it - are still always valid.  Be it masks, or distancing. Hand sanitizing. Not the masks, but heh, washing hands and distancing isn't a bad thing in world where new pathogens are increasingly more likely.

Clean hands - I need to rant, cuz I see this everywhere. Clean that disgusting black scunge out from under your fingernails?

I mean, these are folks washing their hands, yet there's black lines under their thumbnails.   Adults, mind you. It's like there should have been social distancing, masks, hand sanitizers, mandatory closures, and, basic hygiene demo huts or something - I dunno.  Teach these 45-year olds children how to wipe their f'n bums.