Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

13 minutes ago, natedizel said:

After doing some research that strain been around since Dec 2020. Its nothing we didnt know about already. 

Even the article someone posted about the Delta strain is misleading. Its all a headline grab.

It's been around since August 2020 according to other articles

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Apparently that was the earlier thought but it had been updated to say he was actually struck by a shell. Nuts

Sounds like he might have light a large 4 or 6 inch professional mortar shell and learned the hard way they are fused with quickfuse. Many people get their hand on them and are unaware the second the flame hits the wick it goes off. The fuse is set up like that as they are fired electronically. Sounds like he light one and it instantly went into his chest. 

It's best to just tune out the media fear-mongering. It's clearly being done for some purpose, whatever it may be.

Turn off the TV and just look around at your community and use that as your basis to evaluate the risk. My community is 100% wide open and everyone is fine. So I am not worried about any variants.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's best to just tune out the media fear-mongering. It's clearly being done for some purpose, whatever it may be.

Turn off the TV and just look around at your community and use that as your basis to evaluate the risk. My community is 100% wide open and everyone is fine. So I am not worried about any variants.

But there’s upticks in Israel. I’m ready to lock myself away again. Between the variants and the inevitable return of Stein, I’m in fear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

But there’s upticks in Israel. I’m ready to lock myself away again. Between the variants and the inevitable return of Stein, I’m in fear.

Ya the youtube video i posted pretty much disproved that headline. Around 2 minute mark.

23 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I dont know who that guy is, but he has a rational take. Agree with everything he had to say.

He has tracked the virus since Wuhan lockdown. Pretty much been spot on with the virus since then and with other stuff. Like shortage of microchips, he called that back in march 2020.

Plus he uses data and numbers to find info instead of blowing smoke up behinds like most media outlets.

• Like 1

The Israel stuff is kind of misleading when you read about it. Again, it’s largely involving people who aren’t vaccinated. And like has been said all along, the breakthrough infections with people who are vaccinated are generally mild or asymptomatic. The vaccines are still incredibly effective at preventing severe disease.

There is going to be 0 appetite for any new restrictions in the US if the vaccines are still very effective at preventing disease. Countries like Australia etc etc may be able to get away with selling people that garbage, but it won’t happen here.

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The Israel stuff is kind of misleading when you read about it. Again, it’s largely involving people who aren’t vaccinated. And like has been said all along, the breakthrough infections with people who are vaccinated are generally mild or asymptomatic. The vaccines are still incredibly effective at preventing severe disease.

There is going to be 0 appetite for any new restrictions in the US if the vaccines are still very effective at preventing disease. Countries like Australia etc etc may be able to get away with selling people that garbage, but it won’t happen here.

Nobody outside of a few give a tinkers damn about Covid anymore. The politicians have largely moved on. They’ve milked it for about all they can in terms of money. Which was the primary motivation to keep it going. The Delta fear hasn’t resonated much. Most who want a vaccine have one, older people are largely vaccinated, and the people who aren’t vaccinated aren’t afraid of it. 
It’s endemic at this point. It’s time to stop routine testing, reporting cases numbers and move on. Even Massachusetts stopped reporting active cases and weekend numbers. Sone states have gone to weekly reporting. It won’t be long until some stop reporting altogether. Cases will go up this winter, just like flu does. But by and large I think most have moved on. When I was on vacation last week down on the beach, except for a handful I saw masked outdoors, you’d never know Covid existed.  

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Agree with this.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Don’t viruses usually mutate towards more contagious but less potent?   Even at a 50% vaccination rate this virus should continue to become less of a crisis in the US.  

That's my understanding of how these things usually go. A virus that mutated to be much deadlier would kill its host too quickly and that line would die out before it had a chance to really spread and take hold. COVID-19 will eventually just be another background coronavirus in circulation that causes seasonal outbreaks of mild disease, like colds. It's almost at that point in some countries. Just goes to show the futility of pursuing the destructive and pointless "zero-COVID" BS.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Nobody outside of a few give a tinkers damn about Covid anymore. The politicians have largely moved on. They’ve milked it for about all they can in terms of money. Which was the primary motivation to keep it going. The Delta fear hasn’t resonated much. Most who want a vaccine have one, older people are largely vaccinated, and the people who aren’t vaccinated aren’t afraid of it. 
It’s endemic at this point. It’s time to stop routine testing, reporting cases numbers and move on. Even Massachusetts stopped reporting active cases and weekend numbers. Sone states have gone to weekly reporting. It won’t be long until some stop reporting altogether. Cases will go up this winter, just like flu does. But by and large I think most have moved on. When I was on vacation last week down on the beach, except for a handful I saw masked outdoors, you’d never know Covid existed.  

Good post and agree-we're not likely to see any restrictions coming back at this point.  The main argument here is whether kids need masks in the fall in school (Hopefully not) but that's about it-most have resuming living normal lives which is awesome.

At this point the US is averaging around 165 deaths per day (7 day avg) which works out to around 60k per year. So a bad flu season. But it is declining     The folks who have not been vaccinated in most cases will continue to refuse based on recent surveys.  
 This will fade into the background in most places here in the US.   Things are for the most part back to “normal”.   The vaccines have been highly successful in squashing this insidious illness. 

4 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Good post and agree-we're not likely to see any restrictions coming back at this point.  The main argument here is whether kids need masks in the fall in school (Hopefully not) but that's about it-most have resuming living normal lives which is awesome.

Here in Mass they have already announced kids 12 and up will not need to mask.  Hopefully the same will be announced for younger kids soon. 

edit.  I’m wrong.  See later post

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Mine are 12 and vaxx'd.   I'm hoping CT follows MA's lead on this.....

I need to make a correction regarding my previous post.  Based on the head of DESE (the state Ed board) Riley and the governor, no statewide mask mandates will be required for schools in the fall regardless of age.  They are allowing local boards to require them if they wish (which prob none will. Except maybe Somerville)