NorEastermass128

Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

For all the meltdowns you’ve had this season, you have more than me on the season ha. It must get really exhausting angrily pounding that keyboard over and over again. 

I plan to start a thread of posting all of our Last 4 storm totals.  THEN you will see the sadness.  Even this, with 4.25".  Most everyone North of me from part 2 and South of me in part 1 has more.  The first storm of 5" where people 20 miles from me got 18" and those 5 miles from me got 10".  The last storm of "A Poor  Man's 2/7/03" with 10" was the one great one, except it does nothing for my major statistics of Southern New England unless it was a 12" storm.  So even that was sad.  

18 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

6.1" Storm Total.

Send me all the reports in CT plz, tia.

4.1" total over the last 2 days in Southington, CT.

Definitely a clearing storm... closer to 3" new depth right now after melting and compaction.

Hard to see how KBOS is not over 6" given 4.5" at 7pm and best returns of the event 8-10pm...

What a fun event. Not a blockbuster, but still had its own charm.

Guidance was actually pretty decent... we were guarded after Tuesday's debacle but guidance actually verified pretty well.

The other thing that threw people off: Euro was simply not good on this. Not a good winter in general for it.

Robust solutions on GFS / UK / RGEM proved correct in handling the reinvigorated low Thurs-Fri.

Just looking at 12z Wednesday guidance... best guidance: 

NAM, RGEM, GFS, UK

GFS father > v16, though too robust in northeast MA up into southeast NH/ME

15 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I plan to start a thread of posting all of our Last 4 storm totals.  THEN you will see the sadness.  Even this, with 4.25".  Most everyone North of me from part 2 and South of me in part 1 has more.  The first storm of 5" where people 20 miles from me got 18" and those 5 miles from me got 10".  The last storm of "A Poor  Man's 2/7/03" with 10" was the one great one, except it does nothing for my major statistics of Southern New England unless it was a 12" storm.  So even that was sad.  

You did better than me, I don't think I even got 3" this 3 day storm.

Around 5” in ORH. 

Just over 6” in Holliston should do it. Pure blower powder. 

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Hard to see how KBOS is not over 6" given 4.5" at 7pm and best returns of the event 8-10pm...

Guidance was actually pretty decent... we were guarded after Tuesday's debacle but guidance actually verified pretty well.

The other thing that threw people off: Euro was simply not good on this. Not a good winter in general for it.

Robust solutions on GFS / UK / RGEM proved correct in handling the reinvigorated low Thurs-Fri.

NAM, RGEM, GFS, UK

Yeah Euro was dogshit. BOS is going to have over a half inch of LE. 

Some of those mesos were still too aggressive. Ratios definitely helped juice these snow totals...esp just to the west and southwest of Boston. But the Euro takes an L on this one.  

24 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Try being 4 miles SE of 18" and getting 4" for 2/1/21. Absolutely brutal

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Visiting family and friends. Snowfall in Boston is beautiful imo

It really is. No city like it with snowfall.

Picturesque and pure New England.

Very happy I moved here even though NNJ wasn't that bad either.

20 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

NAM, RGEM, GFS, UK

I think it does.

6.5" final here and I'm basically next to Logan.

53 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

You're still doing better than newport. You aren't in a bad spot, as far as Rhode island goes, but you're going to have to come to terms with that caveat, just as I have come to terms with celebrating any snow and not worrying too much about what other people get, as the climo speaks for itself. I can travel in any direction by car after virtually any snowfall, and see a steady increase in snow. Frequently I'll drive 10 minutes north of here to daycare and there is twice as much snow.

This was comfortably the best event of the season, but I think I appreciated the last one more, as the 3 inches of white rain hardened into something I skied on for a week, and having any sort of variety in this God forsaken monotony is huge.

This fluff will be gone in a blink. It's gorgeous out though, and I snuck in a ski today.

Looks like about 7”... winding down it seems... probably going to have to shovel tomorrow.

The guy that does our street was here salting the shit out of the road at about noon, probably hoping he wouldn’t have to come back. He was wrong... solid 4-5” on the road