Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

17 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Figures I just cleared the driveway and now it decides to snow. Will, I've been meaning to ask. When was the last time we had a pack this deep for this long?

2015...Mar 2018 was pretty good but that double digit pack lasted maybe 2 weeks before dipping back under double digits. Peak depth was over 2 feet though in that one. Jan 2018 was similar...we achieved double digit pack on 1/4 and prob lost it around mid month with that obscene cutter.

Weve had double digit pack since 2/1 now this season. So I think you’d have to go back to 2015 to get it longer. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

36 Hr event from start to end for most. 

So many people hate on long duration snows, but there’s a reason we love days and days of snow regardless of whether the totals are impressive or not.

3-6” in 36 hours is fun regardless of what anyone says... and despite the hate of panels of 0.10” QPF every 6 hours.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

So many people hate on long duration snows, but there’s a reason we love days and days of snow regardless of whether the totals are impressive or not.

3-6” in 36 hours is fun regardless of what anyone says... and despite the hate of panels of 0.10” QPF every 6 hours.

I love it. It’s felt like elevated NNE down here the past 20 days because of these kinds of events.

• Like 2