• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

Ended up with just under 3” of fluff here last night. Fittingly for this recent stretch, I had to drive south to get into it. I left snizzle and wet roads at Sunday River and came home to fatties and snow-covered streets here. Looks great out there. I have to admit that I’m sort of looking forward to the mild-up.

41 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

So you guys think this could be it?

In terms of long term cold/wintery pattern, this is probably it. Nothing exciting to finish out February.

March can def deliver a blockbuster storm (I have no idea what the indices are showing for it though) but in terms of long deep cold, snowpack sticking around etc... yeah it's probably done on that level. But hey, I'm just an amateur ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thunderblizzard said:

4.1" total over the last 2 days in Southington, CT.

Definitely a clearing storm... closer to 3" new depth right now after melting and compaction.

Decent refresher here for sure. I’m at about 49” on the season to date.  At About average/normal now for the entire winter season on Feb 19th.  We should see some more snow before it’s over for the season.  Ahead of normal to date obviously, So above normal snowfall is likely here by seasons end. 

Drove to Templeton to get some take out breakfast. (8:30AM) Took a backroad home.  Wind was blowing the snow off the pines to the point where it was whiteout and I had to slow to a crawl.  Awesome stuff

Driveway cleanup was easy other than the ice buried under feathers. Sun is already doing it’s work

• Like 1

Tons of pack.   Amazingly we lost little during the brief turd event earlier in the week.   Probably missed a bit but I went upstairs at 3:15 AM after shoveling the additional several inches that came after the first shoveling.   Thought I saw a weenie flake just now....radar looks like something is coming in for a brief stay.

1C880163-C580-4086-ABA3-792626239D74.gif

• Like 1