Total Members
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance

2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

Just now, burrel2 said:

Dumping parachutes again here. The last hoorah! Right at 2 inches on the ground

You should pick up another inch. I thought it was about over then boom..yhese heavier bands keep developing and training from me to you.

Screenshot_20210206-224938_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

Steady rain with an occasional sleet pellet here in Gibsonville. Two miles north of I-40/85 between G'boro and Burlington

6 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

She aint giving up easy here. Back to dumping again! Victory is ours!!

Temp hanging right at 32

YES!

The flake size has got smaller here but the returns are not as strong. 

• Like 1

Big wet flakes mixing in with sleet and rain in Raleigh at my house right now. Not going to amount to anything but probably the 6th or 7th time I’ve seen flakes this winter. 38 degrees

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Big wet flakes mixing in with sleet and rain in Raleigh at my house right now. Not going to amount to anything but probably the 6th or 7th time I’ve seen flakes this winter. 38 degrees

Think we’re going to get some snow in the morning. 3K, 12k and HRRR agree

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Temps still holding around 38° on the north side of the precip in Stuart.  All rain on the security cams at 1400' @BornAgain13@Buddy1987.  Once the rates come up I expect the hammer to drop and the moisture feed looks good for several hours.  

Been hovering around 38 here as well with dew of 27. We will see at least out my way with how the trajectory plays out or if precip blossoms more once the low gets crankin off the nc coast. 

Steady rain with an occasional sleet pellet here in Gibsonville. Two miles north of I-40/85 between G'boro and Burlington

Starting to see some flakes in here in the same place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Been hovering around 38 here as well with dew of 27. We will see at least out my way with how the trajectory plays out or if precip blossoms more once the low gets crankin off the nc coast. 

40/32 back at home , light rain. Hopefully the changeover will happen sooner than modeled

Heaviest snowfall of the evening now. Quarter sized flakes creating a nice white coat over the lawn. Radar upstream seems to indicate that this will continue for another two to three hours. It’s beautiful out there. I’ll say it again, HRRR nailed this I-85 firehose. 

It was so beautiful and quite outside.  We have an inch on elevated surfaces and a half inch on the road.  My footprints were covered by the time I got back to the house.  32.3/31

• Like 5