• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Upton was too high with the 18-24 inch amounts for the NYC area. No model saw a warm wedge  into the area .

I disagree - Central Park is most likely over 18 inches already. I read the update and unless they misworded it they corrected there 1 PM report in Central Park to 15.3 inches of snow because they forgot to add the 2 inches from yesterday. I'm here in NYC and we definitely had consistent albeit lighter snow since then. No doubt they'll get to 18 inches or more, as will all of the other boros.

Edit - Central Park up to 18.3.... 

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

The band just reignited, Jesus this Is nuts!

I know it appeared to back off some an hour or two ago. In the last hour while out clearing the driveway it definitely picked back up. Probably 1 to 1.5” / hour now and no end in sight or at sight. 

Just now, ForestHillWx said:

Most we’ve had since 2016; it’ll be close if we break it. I had 32.5” in that one. I’m over 25” now. Dover-Chester Road, about 7 miles between the towns. 

Keep me posted on our official total. I think this band has a few more hours in it. Then late tonight into tomorrow probably wind whipped light snow so will be close! I’m at the Hilton Dover Rockaway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Upton was too high with the 18-24 inch amounts for the NYC area. No model saw a warm wedge  into the area .

There isn’t much of a warm wedge. Just small warm layers that can sneak in when the lift and precip disappear. This is the one precip batch so far overhead though that’s not too impressive here. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

There isn’t much of a warm wedge. Just small warm layers that can sneak in when the lift and precip disappear. This is the one precip batch so far overhead though that’s not too impressive here. 

Seems to be a warm wedge, reports of sleet in Brooklyn, SI, and parts of NJ as well south shore of LI. Either way most of the region I think is well over a foot.

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

My idiot neighbor left his truck in front of my house so the plow didnt get in front of my house. Im about to lose it. 

The plow driver by me sucked this storm. He left snow 7-8’ away from the curb on the whole block. My street is now one way 

• Like 1