• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

I got icy wet flakes here in hawthorne near HPN.  Still coming down but its crappy snowgrowth.  I have 31.4 degrees.  

Excellent storm and it looks to linger.  I hope we can get some cold layered back in and add some fluff to whatever falls later. Id like to have 20 OTG but sitting stubbornly at 16.  There appears to be enough moisture feeding in, but its too warm aloft.  

Just now, cleetussnow said:

I got icy wet flakes here in hawthorne near HPN.  Still coming down but its crappy snowgrowth.  I have 31.4 degrees.  

Excellent storm and it looks to linger.  I hope we can get some cold layered back in and add some fluff to whatever falls later. Id like to have 20 OTG but sitting stubbornly at 16.  There appears to be enough moisture feeding in, but its too warm aloft.  

Hawthorne, NJ?

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

DC did get some from the over running correct?   

Around 2.5" I think, then mostly freezing rain. It was enough to end a record length between at least 0.5+" snowfalls. It was 709 days I believe. The Dec storm was a trace at the airport but some neighborhoods did get a little from that one.

3 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Just got in from shoveling #3.  As of 5 pm in Metuchen, it's 31F and there was about 1.5" on the board, since 1 pm when  and I do I cleared it and I double checked depths (in about a dozen spots with ranges from 13-17", not including drifts - have some 2-foot drifts) and they generally increased about 1-2" or so, so that brings my total to 15.0".  Pretty damn good, but it hurts to see all that snow to the north and the west and SW.  But we did better than folks to the SW and some to our W, so not going to complain too much.  Just would've been cool to see those 2" per hour rates for more than 2-3 hours.  Still not confident in getting the 4-7" the NWS "promised" me at 4 pm, lol.  

And just got in from our fourth and maybe last shoveling - can't imagine doing it all at once.  Anyway, From 5 pm to 9 pm we got another 1.0 inches! That brings us up to 16.0". It's been snowing fairly lightly, but with temps still slightly below freezing (31F) and at night, every flake accumulates. I could see getting another inch or so overnight, looking at the radar and the HRRR.  

16 minutes ago, dWave said:

Around 2.5" I think, then mostly freezing rain. It was enough to end a record length between at least 0.5+" snowfalls. It was 709 days I believe. The Dec storm was a trace at the airport but some neighborhoods did get a little from that one.

Got about 4 inches right on the DC/MD border.  Northern tier of Maryland and eastern WV did quite well with a large area of 8-12 and some reports up to even 20 inches.  That CCB backed into the area today and delivered.  

• Like 1

Former resident of Rockland county NY and used to post in this forum back when. Just wanted to peep in and see how you guys are doing!

my folks have over 30” in western Rockland county. Wild storm! Congrats you guys...

Those those of you wondering about DC, they did OK. Much better north of Baltimore (10” IMBY in Union Bridge Md) my son in Emmitsburg MD received 16”, and there was a report of 20” at the MD/PA border north of Hagerstown. Very Good by Miller B standards down here  

9934A77A-DA6B-4FAF-808A-9574D5135D42.png