Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The EPS mean is basically OTS, but I guess it's being skewed by that cluster way to the right. I would prefer a tucked look myself, but I get that most posters here apparently live right on the water near a marina and need the low way off the coast so they catch the northern edge of the deform band... LOL

Fantastic look from the Berkshires to the Monads. Stop being a hog, unbecoming lol

eps_ptype_ens_p1_ne_126.png

eps_ptype_ens_p2_ne_126.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

it’s the mid-Atlantic viewpoint, scratch and claw for every event.  Instead of knowing it’ll snow on top of existing snow, again and again in New England.  Hopefully the next couple events bring additional refreshes.  Phin dude, you no longer have to wish for snow!

With that said, we always hope for a hugger... bring it in close :lol:.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

it’s the mid-Atlantic viewpoint, scratch and claw for every event.  Instead of knowing it’ll snow on top of existing snow, again and again in New England.  Hopefully the next couple events bring additional refreshes.  Phin dude, you no longer have to wish for snow!

With that said, we always hope for a hugger... bring it in close :lol:.

He's been here long enough now. Its pure greed. He's just honest about it, the NNE version of Ray..lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Weather is not a team sport, and we all secretly wish for our backyards to get nailed, no matter what that means for anyone else. Some of us are just more honest about all this than others. :) 

Every time I look at the models I am looking for the solution that crushes my house the most. I barely pay attention outside of that. Not sorry. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Weather is not a team sport, and we all secretly wish for our backyards to get nailed, no matter what that means for anyone else. Some of us are just more honest about all this than others. :) 

Every time I look at the models I am looking for the solution that crushes my house the most. I barely pay attention outside of that. Not sorry. LOL

Lol totally bro.....I get so jelly when I’m not under the the best banding.....like in 2013 I was still jealous of @Hoth in Hamden....not sorry lol

• Haha 1

I'm so used to not jacking here that I've somewhat excepted climo. I'm in a valley so I miss out on any elevation driven events. I'm too far north in the valley and more vulnerable to shadowing than say a place like Middletown, but also a bit too far south to jack in most SWFE or the latitude driven " North of the Pike" events.  Usually a Kevin to ORH axis outperforms here as well as The NW HILLS to Berks.  My seasonal totals average better than the S Coast and parts of SE Mass as I get close to 50", but  I usually get outperformed  in big events, with the exception of a very rare banding situation like back in 2001 and even last December when I was close to 18" ,  pretty much a jack for the state of CT.  But hell yeah,  I'm still rooting for it and get pretty excited on the rare occasion that it does happen.  Makes me savor it even more.  

• Like 1

GFS ‘ native bias issue with N/stream exuberance and overly deep integrate heights on the polar ward side of the polar jet ... causing velocity surplus is subtle but real, all of which makes it more uniquely qualified to fu up that needle thread scenario. 

I feel more confident in the GFS crushing the field oppressively and erroneously shear stressing it to negligible than I would describing ‘what’ transpires; but I do feel there’s something there. 

it’s an N/stream dominant circulation type through the period in question ... and you give the GFS of all models that inch it will gladly take a mile’s worth