Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

March 1956 snowed north of 80% of that year's annum climo in the upper M/A and I believe that involved NE too -

It is April that is the cruelest month ... 

I mean, if one's personal druthers meant more than a turd's worth of any consideration ... I start waning on winter enthusiasm really fast toward the end of February's myself.  By then, two weeks have gone by after the end date of the perennial solar nadir - that being Feb 10 at our latitude. You can feel the sun's winning on the face and forearms, or how Kevin so oft waxes poetry about those warming sensations that kiss his napes...  Heh, the futility of holding onto winter in those days is like when you're watching an awesome movie ignoring taking a piss - only gets worse and worse.. Finally, you have to go do it - in this case..admit it. For some, it takes until June 1 but -  It is the fact that out of nowhere it's 6:07 pm and there still some daylight left .... and the next week we bump clocks... We are falling uphill out of winter, and it's sad coming in here and reading through eye-rolling denial - lol...  Yeah, I guess some years we hit a pine bow on the way up and breaks our "fall" into depression, if for an instant of hesitation around some late anomalies - or, we outright hit a trampoline like in '56. But most years ... it tends to be over -

I just love summer, and heat tracking patterns .. and crispy TCUs ...  My nostalgia is just as strong for summer fair - and I enjoy long days, smells of lilacs, fresh cut lawns.. Perfume from some milf in line next to me at an ice cream shop. I miss the aroma of barbecues, or that pungent sweetness of a distant thunderstorm's body odor. 

I don't really experience the NEGATIVE variant of the S.A.D. condition, that mirror form; and it's recognize by the ... you know, national psycho-babble institute of brain-boxes ... It's rarer though, but real, and afflicts ~15% of the population in the same was normal S.A.D. does ( which I think the crucible of time has distilled the user ship of this social media ) ... Where the 'darkness' and cold temperatures grade on people's joy and functional circuitry in 'normal' S.A.D., these opposing ilk get that in summer.  The thought of summer actually causes these individuals anguish if not pain.  

Interesting... but, anyway, don't discount March -

As Always, you’re a Legend Tip.  

We need to make a Book of all your posts!!  Like Really.  

And yes, to me it ain’t over until June 1.  Especially after last years May snow in high elevations of MA I drive up to and found.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Way to early to know much...just that a signal is there for a storm along the east coast by Sunday/Monday of next week.  Details to be determined as we go through the week. At least it’s something to watch. 

Thanks for helping us understand the situation . This was very helpful 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Is that archived model output from this past storm?  What the $&^%#

No, the info in the upper left tells you what forecast hour time the model is at and in the upper  right its telling you what model run it is 00z/12z, etc and date.

So that image is telling you at 144hrs how much modeled snow has fallen from today's 12z Ukie.  

• Like 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

No, the info in the upper left tells you what forecast hour time the model is at and in the upper  right its telling you what model run it is 00z/12z, etc and date.

So that image is telling you at 144hrs how much modeled snow has fallen from today's 12z Ukie.  

Can't tell if you're being facetious...but I was being facetious myself when questioning that image.  LOL