Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

I walk the line all the time. It’s a very fine line. I don’t get to go one toke over the line often.  But if I got some CMC love this one time I’d know what it’s like to step over that line

Just use your mom's advice at the dinner table when you were 7. "How do you know you wont like it until you try it?"

It's still honestly mind blowing that we're at the very least guaranteed snow from this lead. Haven't had that in ages. Furthermore, I had to take a step back and realize that as long as this doesn't completely fizzle out (less than 4 or 5" I believe), then this will be a top 3 La Nina snowfall in my lifetime. Not sure if that's extremely good or a testament to how pathetic La Nina winters have been so far this century. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

We appreciate your sacrifice :wub:

The WAA is the bird in the hand...the CCB is the 2 in the bush. Better to get one bird even if it’s a tiny bird.  It’s fine and even fun to reach into the bush but hard to say what comes out.  Ancient Chinese proverb

• Like 1

I always hear people call this a hobby. I wish it was a hobby for me. It's actually an obsession with weather/nature that I was born with. I would watch the local news when I was 3 so I could see the forecast. In winter it was snow. Summer it was thunderstorms. In between it was whatever weather I could get. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so damn emotionally attached to these weather systems but there's no stopping it. I live for this sh*t.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I also wanted to add 2 more points. Climo is climo for a reason. Latitude, topography, proximity to the coast, and shape of the coastline defines climo. Storms behave in similar fashion for really good reasons. Central PA and N MD get big totals that wouldnt happen in my yard even if the storm went south because orographic influence is powerful. Just like deep creek getting hit with lake effect, C PA and N MD has an extra physical feature to wring out the sponge. I asked my wife if we could buy sugarloaf and move it to my back yard for this reason. She told me it sounds like a great idea if you're legally insane. Well... I am so...

It would be like Vector stealing the Great Pyramid of Giza, placing it in his backyard!!

What is a little detail in a film that you love? : movies

9 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I always hear people call this a hobby. I wish it was a hobby for me. It's actually an obsession with weather/nature that I was born with. I would watch the local news when I was 3 so I could see the forecast. In winter it was snow. Summer it was thunderstorms. In between it was whatever weather I could get. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so damn emotionally attached to these weather systems but there's no stopping it. I live for this sh*t.

We call it a hobby because we try to hide the truth and because it scares each and every one of us. That same deep rooted fear is why this board exists. We"re all looking for confirmation bias that we're "ok". I can say from 15+ years of experience, there's not one single ok mf'er on amwx. Birds of a feather and stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Back when I lived in Chicago I was obsessed with severe wx. When I was younger I would take my grandma out storm chasing to watch lightning. Now I’m out in DC where the most exciting weather here is snowstorms... and we suck at those. This is a “hobby” of perpetual failure here in DC and for some reason I continue to care even after getting boned time and time again. Like Bob just said, we aren’t sane with this sh*t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic