Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, CAPE said:

One thing I have learned over the years- when there is this much uncertainly/disparity across guidance this close to the event- go with the under. It is a nearly a 100% hit.

Yes.  Also go with climo which tells me a Nina Miller B, my max is a foot if everything breaks right.  More likely 4-8” which is still entirely respectable and fine. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

lol ofc.

Cape! @nw baltimore wx and I were talking about you earlier while drinking. Definitely need to meet up for beers one day soon. BTW. Check out Ten Eyck Brewing in Queenstown when you can. My newest and most awesome beer client. Great spot. All women veteran owned as well. We could easily meet out there. Beautiful tap room. Great outdoor area too. :drunk:

• Like 2

I'm losing faith that I'll get much out of the coastal. These transfers are always iffy and this one seems iffier than most (unless you're running a weather model from Toronto). I'll take my 3-6" from the overrunning tomorrow, but if the deform is nailing Philly and NYC while DC is getting a couple of pity flurries on Monday, that's gonna lead to gnashing of teeth. And I already grind them in my sleep and because of COVID haven't been to the dentist for over a year. So I gotta watch that. 

31 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Cape! @nw baltimore wx and I were talking about you earlier while drinking. Definitely need to meet up for beers one day soon. BTW. Check out Ten Eyck Brewing in Queenstown when you can. My newest and most awesome beer client. Great spot. All women veteran owned as well. We could easily meet out there. Beautiful tap room. Great outdoor area too. :drunk:

I have had a few of their ales but not been there yet. Yea we should meet up. 

14 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Roger Smith brought some facts to the meteorologist fight in the main obs thread. I am on team Roger. 

I remember him mentioning that the full moon and strong costal combo would boast well for a major DC/Baltimore snowstorm.. For 1/4/18. I jumped off the team Roger ship then, but his forecast verifying would surely bring me back. 

• Like 1

Sitting pretty on 10" of snow at my brother's north of ithaca NY tonight, gonna ride the storm out here. 24 straight hours of lake effect yesterday into today, off the finger lakes believe it or not.

NWS binghamton (jackpotville) thinks we'll get 5" plus by Tuesday. I'll take those odds up here. Hoping you all down by the cities jackpot and I drive past bare mountains in central pa. I hope when we try to get back to silver spring our driveway is covered in 12"+. Get that CCB!

Also it's cold as hell here, not above 22 since we arrived yesterday lunch time, lows in the singles. Pointed my brother's fans south for you all

• Like 1

Just now, Paleocene said:

Sitting pretty on 10" of snow at my brother's north of ithaca NY tonight, gonna ride the storm out here. 24 straight hours of lake effect yesterday into today, off the finger lakes believe it or not.

Wow! LE off the finger lakes. Any radar loops showing this? Would love to check it out. Just flurries... or legit snow falling? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic