Total Members
    Most Online
    allwebpost
    Newest Member
    allwebpost

Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

Just now, mreaves said:

You don’t know the score?

Nope! I always do my best to alert anyone who would spoil it for me that I am recording the match and to not bother to talk smack until the next day haha. Reds fan since 02-03. Its been quite the roller-coaster since the days of Milan Baros and El-Hadji Diouf but the last 4 years have been a blast. Just wish Stevie could've gotten one....

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Just started here in Westborough.  Off to bed to catch some z's....be back dark and early.

was just going to say, just started at the hotel in marlboro...wife says a couple inches in Winsted

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

IR loop shows a lot of warming cloud tops over NJ and E PA. That's all low level junk on the 850mb jet over S NJ and such. May have some crap ratios for a while southern areas.

Cutting back S of 84?

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Phone pic?  Edit it and crop it slightly and I find that works.  Also there is a way to choose the size of the photo you want to upload when using an iPhone or iPad.  Maybe that’ll work.

All you need to do is search image compressor online and it will reduce the quality and then re download the image 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cutting back S of 84?

unless the back end really performs I don't see S CT getting more than 8 inches. Mixing with sleet here already.  (credit the NAM on that)   Granted I'll take that and run any day, but the radar really fell apart in the last 2 hrs.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s always a warm tongue trying to putrid our weenies. Hopefully it’s brief. 

HRRR gets sleet here for a while. Still good storm for mid December.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Just about 5" and probably the lowest visibility since at least Jan '18. Absolutely pounding out there.

you do deserve it!  hope its still going in the morning so you can have a good walk.

As the mid level magic shifts toward Albany we're going to get low level stuff off the fire hose 850 jet. You can see the best 700mb frontogenesis forecing up toward Albany and S CT but SNE should see a lot of low level stuff continuing. 850s cool to near -10C for a while so we'll still get snow growth - just not dendrites. 

Will pile up eventually but sort of an ugly look on radar for a bit I think especially south.

hrrr-conus-ne-precip_1hr_inch-8195600.png

hrrr-conus-ne-uv850_mslp-8195600.png

hrrr-conus-ne-z700_speed-8195600.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I lived in Cambridgeport (Pearl Street) in  the 1975-76 winter.  Right down the street from TT the Bears Place.   Photodocumented a nice event in March of 1976.  Slides though and it would be time consuming to scan and digitize.

I go by there everyday. Old guy that shovels snow there and the Middle East wears a heavy coat, gloves, hat and shorts. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

Dont get your hopes too high, looks like we are already sleet here. I am f....ing pissed.

You hate to see it.

• Haha 1