• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

Very nice scenery snow here as we hold right at 32...street caving a bit as well! Love it yet slightly annoyed seeing what this could've been in a better setup! But that's okay...looking ahead to positive trends in the LR! 

In the meantime...I'll still enjoy the scenery while it's hear as I listen to Beethoven on his 250th...all day! :lol:

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Lots of folks gotta love the HRRR for this afternoon. Basically 1-2” an hour rates north of the beltway into C MD and NW. 

fronto is increasing in the area and the low is starting to deepen off the NC/SC coast. 

You can see the 700-850mb fronto setting up already on the SPC meso analysis page. Whoever is on the right side of that band is gonna get pounded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Just cracked open a beer (its after noon and I’m on PTO), got a fire going, and enjoying the snow that is dumping outside.  

What kind of beer? Beer geeks must know! Haha.  I’ll start hitting it around 3-4:00. Enjoy though. Nothing better than a roaring fire, beer in hand, and rippin fatties outside in full blown mountain scenery. 

PS-we need a “cheers” emoji in here. B)

Interesting to see the low so far east on the latest HRRR. It takes it almost ENE off Virginia Beach. Surprised we would still turn to mix/rain in that scenario. It does jump it back west toward Bethany, which I'm guessing is just a feedback issue.

9 minutes ago, Ji said:

HRRR has a pretty epic afternoon for Leesburg West

I'm about 15mi due south of Leesburg - pouring fatties right now, hope we get in on the fun here too 

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Correlation coefficient radar is the biggest f’ing buzzkill.

dude.  I am just glowering at what it shows.  you can't draw a better dividing line than where I-95 runs and that includes the beltway.

• Like 1

Still pretty light here in Middle River but cars covered a bit at least and some grass/colder surface coverage. Snow looks super wet though so I doubt we hold on to it too long. Just hoping to see 15-20 mins of rippage

Starting to stack up outside Westminster. Like Joe said, pay attention to the 700-850mb fronto page on SPC meso. If that verifies some of the maps Millville was talking about, it’ll be an electrifying afternoon for rates in a lot of spots. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

dude.  I am just glowering at what it shows.  you can't draw a better dividing line than where I-95 runs and that includes the beltway.

Your location is so iffy for this one - it sucks. I’m watching the snow in DC and expecting that home will flip within 30 minutes of when it flips here.

I just hate that seeing CC will kill that feeling of elation at snow coming down because you know precisely when it’ll stop. I get that people think it’s neat, but for those on whose doorstep the flip is awaiting it’s not so cool.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, SilentTalkie said:

Snow mixed into the sleet and freezing rain just now in Crozet west of Charlottesville. Streets quickly covered. 

Just turned to huge snowflakes over in Waynesboro at the moment ...quickly accumulating on the ice

Just now, [email protected] said:

Temp has backed off from 30.6 to current 29.3 after morning low of 27.4. Guesstimating/eyeballing between 1/2” - 3/4”

Those bright radar returns about to reach us...interested to see what that offers.  

• Like 2