Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'm contemplating a 16-24 kind of deal up there. 

Yeah I can see that. Someone is gonna get 2 feet...best chance is prob west in Catskills but there is an unignorable chance it creeps into N litchfield county and parts of adjacent W MA.

3 minutes ago, SnowGiant611 said:

Keep an eye on Binghamton and Utica, NY.  How quickly the column saturates there and echoes start reaching the ground might be a clue to how the precip is able to battle the dry air at lower levels in the northern periphery of the precip shield.  Additionally, it will be interesting to see how far the shield advances into CNY/UNY prior to be shunted east by the confluence to the N.

Albany isn't supposed to be snowing until 8pm but there is what looks like a big light-moderate band just about to get to them.  they are only 59% humidity though at last observation.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Albany isn't supposed to be snowing until 8pm but there is what looks like a big light-moderate band just about to get to them.  they are only 59% humidity though at last observation.

Talk about waffling, Mark, lol.  Not feeling very good about our chances for warning snows up here.  Your thoughts?

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I can see that. Someone is gonna get 2 feet...best chance is prob west in Catskills but there is an unignorable chance it creeps into N litchfield county and parts of adjacent W MA.

What about the Worcester-Tolland Massif, surely orthographic factors favor us for up to 18 inches

• Weenie 2

Just now, SnowGiant611 said:

Talk about waffling, Mark, lol.  Not feeling very good about our chances for warning snows up here.  Your thoughts?

Scranton and Binghamton are snowing 2-4 hours head of schedule, which I suppose could be good.   Even Elmira snowing pretty hard.  But I think we are screwed.  We see this alot up here as you know.  I expect 3-6 with a lot of frustration  watching radar, and then when the good echoes come, it is sand.

8 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

What about the Worcester-Tolland Massif, surely orthographic factors favor us for up to 18 inches

Not the right setup for an ORH jackpot....but it will be a solid hit regardless. Prob 12-15ish. Can't rule out a bit higher if a few lucky bands happen.

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Was trying to book a Hunter mtn weenie drive but only one hotel out there taking reservations and its 260$ for a Wed. nite. Pass. . I'll enjoy my 10" in Bedford, MA.

Was there today..epic requires reservations and can’t get one for next 3 days.  They are going to get smoked.  Blowing a ton of snow this morning, even with everything on the way.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Miller A’s favor WNE. That’s the only way they’ll beat out the rest of us.  I prefer Miller B’s myself 

Certainly not the only way.  You can mix or flip to rain while the inches are stacking in GC.  Happens very often.  Just one of the reasons they average more than you.

• Like 1