Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This run is mid level magic for berks ENE into SNH. Maybe tickling Ray. This is why we do not give out certainties with subbies.

Its just north of me....that is what I have said dating back to the weekend. I understand that this is a long range, and I could have easily been wrong, theoretically speaking, but I have yet to see anything that makes me believe that I am in fact in error.

However, verification is another matter.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not seeing boxing day like stuff on the upper air maps but I’m also not the pro so you tell me lol

I don't see a situation like that either. If I remember correctly, that was a product of the banded nature of the storm due to it being "too intense". But you do make a point...even in subsidence snow could still come down heavy.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't see a situation like that either. If I remember correctly, that was a product of the banded nature of the storm due to it being "too intense". But you do make a point...even in subsidence snow could still come down heavy.

And if places get 12/13” in your 15-20 zone so be it. Maps cant nail down specifics for every weenie’s deck even though we want it to.

• Like 1

Very cute 18z HRR bufkit for BDL. what is really going to help with verifying higher range of totals will be the much higher ratios under the band. Should see ratios push 18:1 - 20:1. I would wager many are recording like 8-10'' in a 3/hr span...maybe even 11-12'' for the slant stickers

image.thumb.png.b570d407a2ee41eae9ba8a7f0979c68e.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its just north of me....that is what I have said dating back to the weekend. I understand that this is a long range, and I could have easily been wrong, theoretically speaking, but I have yet to see anything that makes me believe that I am in fact in error.

However, verification is another matter.

I guess I just think you’re in a good spot. Maybe not jack, but not he pork job you feared yesterday.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Band is probably just NW of the H7 fronto. So W MA into S NH.

I always misjudge that I think. I'm always inclined to think they are coincident, but in reality it's typically just northwest of where the best fronto is, right? Or does the slope influence the actual placement too?

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I always misjudge that I think. I'm always inclined to think they are coincident, but in reality it's typically just northwest of where the best fronto is, right? Or does the slope influence the actual placement too?

best lift associated with this has been along the H6 warm front. So a map of 600mb fronto would probably be more indicative. Check those time-hgt plots on TT across the banding to see what height the best omega lines up with the best fronto.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

best lift associated with this has been along the H6 warm front. So a map of 600mb fronto would probably be more indicative. Check those time-hgt plots on TT across the banding to see what height the best omega lines up with the best fronto.

This is something I really need to utilize more.